Freezing to death next to a bed

CGTv

This topic is all about sleeping.

It would make very much sense if it were possibe to crawl under the sheets or in your bedroll if you wish to read/write a book or just pass some time.

If on interloper i enter a house and i wish to warm up but i'm a degree short, i'm required to light a fire when there's a cozy bed just sitting there almost mocking me.
Not only that, beds are usually always availible when a fireplace isn't and beds give different warmth bonusses, i believe a double bed gives around +7
Not only would it be immersive, imagining that the camera angle would change and you would be locked in place much like in a car.
But like i said, it would make much sense, i'm sure it would be used for both survival and immersion, so it would definitly not be a pointless option.
Oh i would just love it, i already imagine myself in my bedroll, in a fishing cabin, some fish on the warm stove, writing my journal...

Some other things i'd like to make note of; (from best to worst :P )

-When sleeping or passing time in a car, give the player the option of choosing their bedroll or the car seat.
Currently it is set to auto select 'bedroll' if you have a bedroll in your inventory, this uses up durability.
Cars have a +3 warmth bonus and a 100% bedroll a +5 warmth bonus but this bonus is decreased when the bedroll wears down.
Cars should have a +5 wind bonus and a zero warmth bonus, i can see them blocking a good amount of wind, but freezing cold? Not really...
In either case, when sleeping in a bedroll in a car, the player should get both bonusses.

-There's 'passing time' and there's 'sleeping' but there's no 'rest' option.
When sick or injured, i would love to be able to rest because sometimes i am afraid to go to sleep... i might die!
Resting would work the same as passing time but it can only be done in a bed or bedroll, no vehicles.
It would thus get rid of ailments but at a slower pace

Ps; I know, i've yet to reply to my other idea topic.

~CGTv

• 2 weeks later...
On 9.10.2018 at 6:07 PM, CGTv said:

This topic is all about sleeping.

It would make very much sense if it were possibe to crawl under the sheets or in your bedroll if you wish to read/write a book or just pass some time.

If on interloper i enter a house and i wish to warm up but i'm a degree short, i'm required to light a fire when there's a cozy bed just sitting there almost mocking me.
Not only that, beds are usually always availible when a fireplace isn't and beds give different warmth bonusses, i believe a double bed gives around +7
Not only would it be immersive, imagining that the camera angle would change and you would be locked in place much like in a car.
But like i said, it would make much sense, i'm sure it would be used for both survival and immersion, so it would definitly not be a pointless option.
Oh i would just love it, i already imagine myself in my bedroll, in a fishing cabin, some fish on the warm stove, writing my journal...

Some other things i'd like to make note of; (from best to worst :P )

-When sleeping or passing time in a car, give the player the option of choosing their bedroll or the car seat.
Currently it is set to auto select 'bedroll' if you have a bedroll in your inventory, this uses up durability.
Cars have a +3 warmth bonus and a 100% bedroll a +5 warmth bonus but this bonus is decreased when the bedroll wears down.
Cars should have a +5 wind bonus and a zero warmth bonus, i can see them blocking a good amount of wind, but freezing cold? Not really...
In either case, when sleeping in a bedroll in a car, the player should get both bonusses.

-There's 'passing time' and there's 'sleeping' but there's no 'rest' option.
When sick or injured, i would love to be able to rest because sometimes i am afraid to go to sleep... i might die!
Resting would work the same as passing time but it can only be done in a bed or bedroll, no vehicles.
It would thus get rid of ailments but at a slower pace

Ps; I know, i've yet to reply to my other idea topic.

~CGTv

I concur. Just would like to add that it already is possible in the game to crawl under the sheets of a bed or into your bedroll if you just want to pass some time and use the warmth bonus: just click on the bed/bedroll and select the icon for passing time instead of sleeping, then select the time you want to spend resting, and voilà - you rest with warmth bonus. But it is true that you cannot read books while resting thusly.

Archived