HUD afflictions more interactive

Juri

I think it would be nice to see a more interactive HUD of afflictions, in which ES. you have broken ribs, apply bandages in real time with a skillcheck,
and based on how many times you fail or win the skill check you get malus: more time to heal, +% affliction effects etc ..., or bonus: faster healing or
-% affliction effects

(I'm not good at English, I used google translator sorry if there are any errors)

2 hours ago, Juri said:

apply bandages in real time with a skillcheck

Welcome to the forum @Juri
This is a wonderful idea that would add an additional skill which I agree is missing, (the "First Aid Skill").
I have often thought that if my sequence of first aid is very well prioritized and applied without delay, that my survivor should be rewarded for "getting it done right".
A "First Aid" or "Triage" skill or feat-badge would be a very nice addition to the game and is in keeping with the TLD game style.

Good luck my friend! :coffee:

I like it, although I don't think there needs to be a negative (or bonus). Introducing a First Aid skill as s7mar7in said, could allow for perks to be added as the skill increases levels. Unless it ends up being more like the sharpening skill, in that it just shortens the time it takes. (I think the former would be much cooler, though, imo)

The reason I don't feel the need for the negative is that you already have the negative in the ability to fail and increased time to do first aid by having to try again. That is, in it's own right, a consequence for failure.

Slightly increased leveling of the skill for using natural healing vs. man-made.

++Introduction of the craftable medicine bag accessory. (Think native american.) Reduces the weight of all carried medical supplies by 20% (25% for naturals) and gives an additional 5% chance of successful first aid (7% for naturals). 

8 hours ago, Soul Sojourner said:

Mi piace, anche se non penso ci sia bisogno di essere negativo (o bonus). L'introduzione di un'abilità di primo soccorso come s7mar7in ha detto, potrebbe consentire l'aggiunta di vantaggi mentre l'abilità aumenta i livelli. A meno che non sia più simile all'abilità di affilatura, in quanto riduce il tempo necessario. (Penso che il primo sarebbe molto più bello, però, imo)

Il motivo per cui non sento il bisogno del negativo è che hai già il negativo nella capacità di fallire e un tempo maggiore per fare il primo soccorso dovendo riprovare . Cioè, a pieno titolo, una conseguenza per il fallimento.

Livellamento leggermente aumentato dell'abilità nell'usare la guarigione naturale rispetto all'uomo.

++ Introduzione dell'accessorio per sacchetti di medicina astucciabile. (Pensa al nativo americano.) Riduce il peso di tutte le forniture mediche trasportate del 20% (25% per i naturali) e offre una probabilità aggiuntiva del 5% di avere successo nel primo soccorso (7% per i naturali). 

yes but having mauls will push the player to give his best, however the malus would be minimal +5% / + 3% no more

You would already be "giving your best" since the actual procedure is out of your control entirely. Like repairing clothing, you sit there and hope it succeeds, but there's nothing you can do to make it other than using the sewing kit rather than the fishing tackle.

Plus in real life, first aid isn't exactly difficult, and nothing negative happens if you "fail" to apply a bandage or take painkillers, you just try again. And losing the materials wouldn't be accurate either if one considers how many pills come in a real container vs. the in game amounts and bandage weights.

This is why I think simply failing and having to do it again is more than punishment enough, further than that will likely just frustrate players.
But I digress, this is just my opinion.

I see that you're actually talking about having a mini-game for first aid in which you apply medical care, which isn't what I was talking about so everything I said is only really meant to be relevant to how skills currently work. I didn't realize you were suggesting a skill overhaul as well.

Archived