Venison getting ruined, why?

ChillPlayer

I just grilled 9kg of venison on a campfire and have put the cooked pieces a few feet away from the fire. When I was done I wanted to move the meat further back into a cave I am camping right now and it said "Fresh Venison" while I was picking it up. But when I laid them down 5 seconds later, all the steaks were ruined - what's going on, am I missing something or is this a bug?

Had this happen to me yesterday (1.37) while making puppy steaks.  I believe it happens when you take a finished steak from its place on the fire and RMB it over to another location, rather than LMB to your inventory to pick it up.

I'm waiting until my next kill to verify.  But I think the easy work around is LMB to your inventory, then drop to the floor.

This might be indeed the reason, I discovered that it's much more convienet to just RMB it over (also from the ground onto the stones prevents from eating it) - but I still'd like to eat it. Going to fill a bug report.

[EDIT]: apparently someone already created a bug report yesterday for this: https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/browse/TLDP-6266

Archived