Mapmaking questions

palbi

Hi All,

please look at the screenshot of the map I made. It's part of PV:

image.png.d8fdcd8cff5276f42de95e0b97323db6.png

My questions:
1. Are there areas inside a region (not the edges, of course) that are unexploreable? The red rectangle on the screenshot seems to be this, it's a smaller rock I couldn't climb, no path upwards.
2. Here, right next to the cave I found a prepper cache, but it's not shown, is this OK? (I know prepper cache locations can vary with new games started.)
3. Is there any sign that marks the edge of the map? (With the meaning "The survivor couldn't explore further".)

Thanks.

On 8/29/2018 at 3:55 AM, palbi said:

Hi All,

please look at the screenshot of the map I made. It's part of PV:

image.png.d8fdcd8cff5276f42de95e0b97323db6.png

My questions:
1. Are there areas inside a region (not the edges, of course) that are unexploreable? The red rectangle on the screenshot seems to be this, it's a smaller rock I couldn't climb, no path upwards.
2. Here, right next to the cave I found a prepper cache, but it's not shown, is this OK? (I know prepper cache locations can vary with new games started.)
3. Is there any sign that marks the edge of the map? (With the meaning "The survivor couldn't explore further".)

Thanks.

1. Correct, there will be many unexplorable (darkened out) areas.

3.  Nope, but you get a pretty good idea when you see a line of impassable mountains.  There have been reports of people who somehow get beyond this "game boundary" - it can result in insta-death.

On 2018. 08. 30. at 10:13 PM, hozz1235 said:

1. Correct, there will be many unexplorable (darkened out) areas.

3.  Nope, but you get a pretty good idea when you see a line of impassable mountains.  There have been reports of people who somehow get beyond this "game boundary" - it can result in insta-death.

Thanks! :)

Archived