Wood Stoves 4 pits?

Krait

There seems to be room on a wood stove to have 4 pits; now, wouldn't that be a blessing?

Imagine Trappers and CO having 4(!) pits.. I'm crying, sorry..

I've beent to PV Farmhouse, Milton (has 2 stoves), Hunters Lodge..  The 6 pits stoves are really too good over the wood stoves atm, imho.

What do you think?

(I love the new cooking system, even with 2 pits.. like campfires..)

Each location has pros and cons, I wouldn't want that to change.  Milton is great for cooking--both major houses have 8 cooking surfaces available.  Provided you clear out the wolves, you could cook an entire moose in an afternoon, by running back and forth between them.  Pleasant Valley Farmstead has 10 individual cook surfaces if you include the fire barrel outside, so that's also a contender for convenience (not having to run back and forth between houses).  However, they also have their cons.  Milton and the Paradise Meadows farmstead are crawling with wolves.  The weather in Pleasant Valley is just abysmal, with blizzards occurring roughly 3x more there than any other region.  The Hunting Lodge also offers 8 cook surfaces, but is currently a dead-end region.  From Broken Railroad, there's nowhere to go but back the way you came.

Then you have the 2-burner locations.  Trappers, excellent place to live, no predators at your doorstep and hunting not far away.  Camp Office, 3 cook surfaces available, good visibility of the lake to spot wolves, fishing nearby.  The Mountaineering Hut is pretty nice, with two cook surfaces inside and a third in the hut on the lake if you choose.  Coastal Highway life in one of the cabins, you've got ample fishing and hunting, but you pay the price on cook surfaces.  No house has more than 2, and the ice huts are not really close enough to make it worth using them as a third.

I like the variety.  The trade off between where you choose to live. Do you want great hunting opportunities, or do you want to be able to cook your kill quickly?

Yes, makes sense.

I've been to the Lighthouse and it only has a potbelly stove..

Was fun bringing back and cooking the meat from the moose that likes to hang around the bridge!

There's always the Riken, I guess..

Edit: last (game) week spent at Quonset, cooked 3 bears (need the hides..) on the barrel, so it can be done..

Archived