a twist on vanishing arrows

TROY

So, I've noticed that I'm losing arrows, not to vanishing into the terrain when they bounce off, but when they stick in the animal.  I've shot 3 wolves with arrows, followed the bloodtrail to the corpse, and all 3 times the arrow was vanished.  I suppose its possible this is still the terrain swallow, but I was quite close to the animal each time and didnt see a bounce.  Any time Ive gotten a one shot kill the arrow was there and retrievable, but if it runs off and bleeds out, the arrow is lost.

I've had this only once on the current version of the game, Steam.  I've killed 8 wolves since v1.35 dropped and I've been carefully watching for the stick or bounce -- most stuck, a couple bounced.

The arrow that disappeared was a stick but not a one-shot.  I followed the blood trail the whole way to the dead wolf.  About halfway through the chase I noticed I couldn't see the arrow in him any more.  Dunno if that means it fell off and I missed it, or it vanished for another reason.  In case the arrow was under the carcass I marked the spot with tinder, fully harvested it, and restarted the game to see if the arrow would present itself on top of the snow.  Nope.  I even checked again the next day.  Still nope. ;)

Archived