Moose-hide Satchel in Hushed River Valley

ShpongleBo

Currently exploring HRV for the first time and stumbled upon a Moose-hide Satchel hanging from a tree at the mysterious signal fire. I've found nothing about this online, is this a random spawn or can it always be found there?

It's a beautifully brutal region... well done Hinterland 

That is awesome.  I was wondering what might be found and that is a great bonus item.  Especially considering that you are not able to craft a darn thing, the area is none the less very generous with loot.   I decided to spawn a new character in Hushed River to see how long I could last while either scavenging enough to survive or until I found a way out of the area.  By the time I found my way out, I had obtained 4 rifles, 3 bows, 7 arrows and no less than 4 hatchets, 3 hunting knives and one improvised knife.    would have loved to have found that moose hide satchel...

On 6/27/2018 at 8:55 PM, JCM_TLD said:

What difficulty setting?

custom game settings voyager level basically.  It seemed like every "region" in Hushed River yielded something useful.  I guess that would make sense considering the complete lack of being able to craft items.   For long term survival there, you would have to be finding gear that would further sustain you.  I guess that's why in the trailer it is suggested you check behind every nook and cranny.  

• 4 weeks later...

Ohhh my, I did notice that lingering smoke swirling into thin air, and wondered how to get there. And wandered around the valley. I will, some day, send my character back to do further research. For it must have been the signal fire of which rumour has it.

Archived