Stoning rabbits and false hits?

Klobberthon

Quite often I find that the stone I throw clearly hits a rabbit (it's right in front of me and the stone literally bounces off the rabbit) and yet the little guy is still standing and tries to run.  Is this intentional I wonder? It would be reasonable that not every hit would cause a knock-out, but it isn't indicated to work this way.  It also feels a bit cheesy when I'm throwing the stone at almost point blank range and the furry little hulk shrugs it off.

Side note- sometimes I can actually catch up to a rabbit that is hung up on something but can't pick it up.  All in all the rabbit hunting scene feels a bit wonky to me.

Cheers!

Animal pathfinding when they're in "run-away" mode is wonky in general. And the whole concept of hitting rabbits with stones is pretty questionable too, if you ask me.

I hope the devs have time to make a pass on all the animal AI at some point, and iron out some of the wonkiness. It would go quite a long way to improving the gameplay experience, since interactions with animals forms quite a large part of the game. 

Archived