Food Poisoning

Beowulf59

Well either you were horribly unlucky or they changed something about the chances of getting food poisoning from eating wolf meat, although I have to say that even in previous versions I got food poisoning from eating MREs at 95% condition. So condition should only indicate that it's unlikely you get food poisoning, not impossible.

I can confirm this 99% wolf meat, food poisoning.

I must however say I had not a single food poisoning for a whole week from eating venison (deer), so it might be a rare chance.

I was thinking the same when I contemplated switching to deer from wolf meat once I was at 6-8 antibiotics. And the chance is smaller (I don't think I got it as often as with wolf meat), but it's still there, a 93% cooked deer venison is what killed me actually. If there's anything in the world out there currently 100% sure to kill you in the long run it is food poisoning, you will always run out of antibiotics before you run out of food, antiseptics (now with many doses), bandages or ammo for that matter.

I think there should be a "safe zone" with packaged food and cooked meat where you can't get food poisoning, like when cooked meat has a condition of 80% or higher you can't get food poisoning, but lower then 80% the chance of getting food poisoning should go up when the condition goes down (this is already the case I think). For packaged food the safe zone should be larger say 50% or better.

Archived