More natural alternatives and recycling

Doc Feral

In the end we'll die. As remote a chance it may seem, once we tear apart every single locker and shelf scrap metal will run out, so no more fishing gear and no more new nor fixed clothes. No more improvised blades. Sharpeners will wear out, so hatchets and knives will break and they'll never be replaced. And matches! The magnifier is a really poor alternative, since it works only in sunny days. Cloth? Even if we rely on animal fur for clothing (and still no headgear nor inner layer) we'll need cloth for bandages.

The point is: not everything can be recycled, repaired or replaced indefinitely. Not to mention I still can't figure out if natural medicines and cat tail grow back or not, but I think they don't.

I join the pleads of those asking for more clothing items from animals, stone or bone (and fang, horn and claw) tools, being able to recycle bandages by boiling them, light fires with sparks from stones or bow drill, and maybe multiple crops, even if the latter may seem stretched out a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

the boiling bandages mechanic is a good idea as once me and my friends got stranded in a snowstorm at this remote cabin. (now that I think of it it was like the mountaineers cabin on twm). and my friend got himself cut while chopping up some vegetables for dinner. the problem was that my other friend also was bleeding from when he cut himself on a sharp piece of metal a few days ago so we had run out of bandages. with the blizzard getting worse by the minute and no way possible to obtain fresh ones we resorted to boiling the old ones in our old camping stove. and doing this we were able to recycle the bandages and stop the bleeding. (they both recovered thankfully)

Archived