Suggestions for UI improvements, time savers

Shadrach

Hey,
I've been thinking of some much-needed suggestions for small but important time/frustration-savers.

1. Make Space the default key for activating the default action for items when in the inventory UI or examining items. For instance drink, eat, apply, entering Actions sub-menu etc. Today it's Enter, which isn't very practical with the hands over the WASD keys. Would be a great time-saver.

2. When using an item like weapons or light sources, remember the last held item when putting it away (F key). Then make the same key bring up the same item in your hands. For instance having flares, lantern, matches now you have to cycle through them every time, instead of just bringing up the preferred (last held) item. This has frustrated me quite a bit.

Any other ideas, feedback?

• 1 month later...

I often end up walking with torch on my interloper runs to quickly drop a fire in case of a random wolf. Getting quite irritated when collecting sticks/berries/cattails/mushrooms and accidentally misclick which leads to a wasted match -- even if the torch wasn't lit, the match still is gone.

Maybe don't consume the match before the action is fully completed and the torch is actually lit?

Also, I know this has been brought up earlier, but please use torch as a default fire starter if I have got one burning and please use sticks as a default fuel if I have got sticks. Magnifying lens are useless when there is no sun, please don't keep suggesting it as the first option too. After all, when starting fire make use of the lowest condition matches first. There been a longer list of priorities elsewhere, but I think this is already fine.

hmm, i actually think there are way way more important Things the developers should work on, than some tiny changes to the UI that cost the Player about 1-2 seconds to avoid.

like i always say....they should give us mod-support asap, so Players can jsut fix These Problems themself.

Archived