Strafing While Running

TheEldritchGod

I finally broke both my ankles. BTW, love the limping with both broken legs. However, it got me thinking

When running you should strafe very slightly. 2 pixels to the right with the first step, then 4 to the left, 4 to the right, 4 to the left, etc etc etc, until you stop running, then the next step should end in 2 pixies back to center. Why?

Running along the side of a cliff is stupid.

I've seen it in videos and done it in game. Climb up high, run along the side of a cliff that is basically an 89 degree angle. If you had the very slight wobble when you run, the result would be slowly being forced down the side of the cliff. Yes, you could angle it so you don't slide down the cliff, but you are talking about a 45 degree angle against the desired direction of movement. Such an angle would totally defeat the purpose of running.

I'd also like to see the same effect when you have a broken ankle, but only a 2 pixel drift in one direction. Specifically, the direction of your broken ankle. When you have both ankles broken, you should have it alternate.

And to be a REAL dick about it, make it a random amount of pixel drift when your ankles are broken. 1-4 pixels a step.

Of course, if your legs aren't broken and you are walking, there shouldn't be any strafing at all.

4 minutes ago, Kendov said:

Something like that is already implemented, but only for critical condition. Which is kind of weird because with even one leg severely injured, most people wouldn't be able to walk as straight as displayed ingame.

Oh? Never really been in critical condition. I'll have to try and kill myself and see what happens. I love the new limp they have in the test branch. It just needs a little bit of wobble. Not much, just a little. Just a hair to throw calculations off and make players not paying attention suffer.

Archived