More survival development after story Mode ends?

Ms Nutcracker

I know these ideas are complex and will take time but I hope Hinterland will keep expanding the game like a series, improvement like the sims 4 for instant! They keep producing the same thing and players just don't mind spending heaps of money playing the same thing and EA has no passion. But Hinterland does have passion and i don't want hinterland to abandon the game and stop production cause there is just so much that can be done! 

Have not heard from the developer what is their long term commitment for TLD? Will it close after releasing the episode and that is all we will experience in sandbox mode? 

Anyway since story mode is more like teaching you how to play the game is it necessary for the future? After the last episode to be release can time just be spent building up the environment? 

Reason for this change? 
You want to move beyond the point where there is more then just eating and watching calories and finding loot here and there and that is all you do in the story and in sandbox mode. 

Why not combine these things with more variety immersions?  

• Improved realistic graphics for realistic immersion. 
  • Players can specialize and use different skills for different situations? 
  • More animals to find and more things that can be use from the animal?
  • A living ecosystem where things are alive around you? 
  • No more loot lying around you got to realistic get it from where it came from.
  • Players can specialize hunting and gathering different resources. 
  • A simulation system to run the world so things get affected. 
  • And a good complex AI system to run the animals and other survivors 
  • Co Op can finally happen in the game! 

Its all about giving players the freedom to choose what, how, why they want to survive by expanded the options and varieties. If i want to go hunting then I can hunt for animals that i like and not just rabbits or fox or a bear or a deer. Or if they are the only ones around then it makes it more exciting if they produce, die, and do thing so players can have that exciting movement to discover something about rabbits! You finally find their babies after tracking them! Or perhaps small animals that hibernate and have storage of food? Like bears? You going to steal it from the bear? What will you do? These different things or if animals is not something you like you could do more things in a house, decorate, repair, build from things you find? Just add more interest and variety. 

From there a story then can be made if need too with all these advance exciting features and the journey will add more interesting things then what we currently experience. 

It has shown already that the success of TLD was not the story but the sandbox mode. So I hope there can be more concentration on this once story mode ends and more love can be poured into this area. 

Still they has not been a offline survival game that can compete with the Long dark. Star citizen will be a game that will go beyond this and there is another MMO game that will have deep survival mechanics not seen in any other game! You basically can survive like in the Long dark but in an open world with other players! 

So if Hinterland don't archieved this then we might never see this happen! But I hope one day they can concentrate on these things when story mode ends. Been a long time waiting for this to occur and i hope it can become a reality. 

I long to see an ecosystem with seasons and everything grows, dies and produce. 

There is a small indie developer that is making a survival game where it does have this but not to the complexity of the long dark and its also online too! 

There is also another indie developer who has been around and not as famous and also catching on! Creating animals that do their own thing with their own behaviours. So if these smaller less popular games can do it I am sure hinterland can make something great after story mode! 

I was even thinking the hard and easy mode can all be delete cause players can now adjust the complexity of the simulation for the game! They can make it as realistic or as casual as they want and the living world will adjust to these things. No spawn no levels just realism. :) 

I know again it will all take time but i hope once story mode ends they will have time to do this! 

Just look at euro truck 2! They just keep expanding and building their truck realistic sim game! So TLD can do this too but expand on feature for a more complex world and as the years rolls on to have the ultimate simulator! :) 

The aim I see is that if players were only to spend their character time in one large region like for instant Call to the wild they will never get bored of the things to do in that once place! Then say ubisoft or other games where they need to keep creating new maps to keep players interest! Its like real life you don't get bored in one area when your camping! 

So the dev can work on one large region perhaps even online and it all dynamically changes and that one of the things to provide the variation plus other important things added to this. :) 

I hope the team and fans are excited about this idea! 

Thank you Nicko I updated your post! 

I was thinking of a way to improve simulation and be able to tick off everything on their wish list after the finish releasing their episode! I do not want the game to die and like the dev to keep building the world there is so much to add in it and update it. :) 

And also just suggesting that perhaps the dev will have more time now when they don't need to be working on new stories. :) 

That lioness you have on your pic that could appear in the game through the seasons! :) Or a bear just relaxing and living in the game! :) 

Again TLD is the only game that has archieved this but other games MMO are including hardcore survival in their game! 

Here is a few feature one MMO is doing! :) So they are catching on!

We’re simulating the human body..When we simulate the body, everything else can be driven by this. If you’re hungry, your hands are shaking, you’re tired—this will influence everything else in the game. With all the stuff like metabolism, you’ll see a huge difference between characters. It makes it very unpredictable.”

“If you choose to play as a prisoner who has more fat, then you have a chance to get a heart attack in the morning when the temperature is lower and the blood vessels tighten up,” Tomislav Pongrac, Gamepires’ co-founder and creative director, adds. “All characters have a different amount of blood and a different blood pressure, and they can digest different amounts of food. You can even lose teeth, and if you lose all your teeth, you can starve.”

Archived