Couldn’t reclaim arrows from wounded animal?

ROBOxROBERTS

I was wondering if all arrows that are used to kill an animal (wolf in this instance) could be recovered? I recently acquired my first bow. I was charged by a wolf and plugged him pretty good with my first shot. He whimpered and began to flee. Seconds later he turned and came back at me. I loosed my second arrow and he dropped immediately but when I went to harvest the meat and what not I was only able to recover one arrow. Is this normal? Thanks!

The arrows will be stuck in its hide.  Sometimes they get pushed out into the snow.  Sometimes the push puts them under the carcass and they cant be seen until it despawns.  Sometimes they get pushed through the ground and are lost forever.

You are correct that placing access to them on the harvest screen would make a whole ton of sense.  But making things work well for the player is not always the Hinterland way.  They like to be more "adventurous".

11 hours ago, omoon66 said:

I don’t know what you’re talking about, though I can’t see some of my arrows, I see the pop-up text say “arrow”, and I can pick it up

That all depends on just where the arrow happens to be situated. It's not always that simple to locate them.

Archived