Hopless Rescue Two

The_Materialist

I suggest the hopeless Rescue Two challenge since the first one was one of the harder ones to do and it was incredibly fun and challenging. 

I imageing the following scenario, but am open to debate about the details: You have been firing the distress pistol several times a day over the course of a week, nobody has seen them, nobody has heard them.. except maybe the wolfs lureing outside the lonely lighthouse. At night seven the aurora shines bright at the sky and after you fire your last flare shell the radio starts broadcasting.. It is an emergency messange, saying evacuation of the island is ongoing and everybody still on the island should to make noticable at the forestry outlook near mistery lake and then waiting for evacuation orders at the transmittion tower on the signal hill.

You know you don't have any flare shells left but you know that there is a flaregun case at the hunting lodge in the south.

So you need to do the following travelling within seven days or less: Lonely lighthouse, hunting lodge - where you pick up shells - then travel to the forestry outlook and fire a shell into the sky. After that you need to transition to PV signal hill to complete the challenge. I think this should be pretty though, since this is at least 8 regions to cover the fastest way beeing: DP-CH-ML-FM-BR-FM-ML-PV. You can find a flashlight at the lighthouse which makes travelling at night with aurora an high risk high reward option.

I am open to other routes but the starting scenario should be desolation point and I'd like to see the broken rail road included, since the travel through the FM is a pain and pretty dangerous. 

13 hours ago, kometax said:

Old boats with gas engines would work as well as sailling boats. Manual compas would do with navigation without computer problem. But indeed evacuation like this would be very hard. 

No they would not. Not sure where you came across that idea. Nothing engine operated would work, all of it requires electricity one way or another. Unless you get into the similar discussion we had on cars. I believe they would work, though in my opinion it would only be turned on, and would not operate nearly efficiently enough to be actually useable. 

Sails would work, obviously. Hard to say how efficiently, I have a feeling that a blizzard would make short work of them, but I suppose they would work.

But these things are irrelevant - there does not have to be a working evacuation in progress - it can simply be a message that was recorded prior people knowing what actually occured, or it could be an automated pre-recorded message in case of emergency. Naturally, once you arrive, nobody will be there, it will be a hoax.

I like the general idea of a new challenge, similar to the Hopeless Rescue. Dont neccesarily want to have a "continuation" from the previous one. Also, sorry to say, but having to go to Signal hill seems pretty lame. It is not even that hard - going through it you should be able to do that push in three days if you move well. My guess is that from DP you would make it to Camp Office in one push if you dont sprint too much, then cross the FM to BR, and should be able to make it all the way back to Camp office again on the same day, if not, might hunker down in Farmstead instead. From either of those locations, it is just about going through the Dam and getting to the signal hill which is the next location after crossing over the winding river. It really is not that hard of a challenge. Part of the reason why Hopeless rescue was so difficult was time management due to the high number of rope climbing neccesary for the trip, as well as actually getting to the TWM in the first place. This scenario is just lots of walking over flat ground. If you dont waste energy too much, you will be able to cross most of the journey during the days with an ease.

6 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

No they would not. Not sure where you came across that idea. Nothing engine operated would work, all of it requires electricity one way or another. Unless you get into the similar discussion we had on cars. I believe they would work, though in my opinion it would only be turned on, and would not operate nearly efficiently enough to be actually useable. 

Sails would work, obviously. Hard to say how efficiently, I have a feeling that a blizzard would make short work of them, but I suppose they would work.

But these things are irrelevant - there does not have to be a working evacuation in progress - it can simply be a message that was recorded prior people knowing what actually occured, or it could be an automated pre-recorded message in case of emergency. Naturally, once you arrive, nobody will be there, it will be a hoax.

I like the general idea of a new challenge, similar to the Hopeless Rescue. Dont neccesarily want to have a "continuation" from the previous one. Also, sorry to say, but having to go to Signal hill seems pretty lame. It is not even that hard - going through it you should be able to do that push in three days if you move well. My guess is that from DP you would make it to Camp Office in one push if you dont sprint too much, then cross the FM to BR, and should be able to make it all the way back to Camp office again on the same day, if not, might hunker down in Farmstead instead. From either of those locations, it is just about going through the Dam and getting to the signal hill which is the next location after crossing over the winding river. It really is not that hard of a challenge. Part of the reason why Hopeless rescue was so difficult was time management due to the high number of rope climbing neccesary for the trip, as well as actually getting to the TWM in the first place. This scenario is just lots of walking over flat ground. If you dont waste energy too much, you will be able to cross most of the journey during the days with an ease.

Yeah i see your point there.. depending on what region they add next to the broken railroad perhaps another unique and sifficult to navigate region this could go also through there. I really liked the hopeless rescue and I'd like to see more "move fast" challenges.

Archived