Missing Gear

Avelyan

So, I have a bedroll with me as I enter the Forlorn Muskeg.  Travel along the left hand side following the cliffs until I come to a cove with an island in it and not much ice between it and shore on either side.  Cross from shore to the island no problem.  Cross from the island to the other shore and just short of ground, I break through the ice and wind up back on the island with wet clothes.  Build a nice fire,dry out my clothes and hit inventory to eat a little and have a drink.  That's when I notice that my bedroll is no longer in inventory.  I search around for a while, but to no avail.  Is this a glitch, or can you now lose gear by going through the ice?  Does anyone know?

Thanks

Avelyan

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

I don't think the loss of gear is intentional. I've taken many a dip and never lost anything that I'm aware of. It's possible that I simply lost lesser things that went unnoticed, but I've never seen or heard of this before.  Best of luck getting back to safety and finding another.  If you arent playing on interloper, there are usually a couple to be found on every map.

@Avelyan You shouldn't be losing items when falling through the ice. My first thought would be the simplest explanation, already mentioned above - that the bedroll was left somewhere along the way to Forlorn Muskeg. If you still have a strong feeling this isn't the case, feel free to make a report in our bug database here: https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/projects/TLDP/issues :coffee:

Thanks everyone.  I have already replaced it with a spare I had at Camp Office.  Just in case I am mistaken about it being in inventory, I'm going to check all the places I camped in FM.  If I don't find it I'll put in the bug report.  If I do find it I'll sheepishly report it here.

Archived