Free-roam/explore/scenic (no survival) mode?

Law

I'm not sure if this has been asked or is it even in the game (only played story mode so far) but one thing that the game got me hooked on is the atmospheres.
Especially with all the ambience/indoor lighting.

Would really love a free-roam/creative mode (maybe even fast-travel/flying) just to explore the maps/landmarks/buildings for the sake of it without having to constantly be on the move/distracted by the survival aspect of the game. Makes it easier to take some neat screenshots too.

For example this screenshot here is one of my fav so far, really useful if I ever want to do some drawing studies, would love to explore further but my limited supplies made me leave early, that sorta stuff.

screen_fa4d722b-9b38-49ff-9774-e61672db523d_hi.png

Would love to get flying mode mostly for the sake of making trailers interesting - so I would support this mode, but I doubt it will ever happen. Devs dont even release lot of information about the game on purpose - so giving players ability to meddle in secrets and help them explore the maps fast and thorougly seems contraproductive. 

Closest to what you are looking for is Pilgrim sandbox. It is dubbed an exploration mode, since the survival in it is relatively easy, so is weather and predators dont attack you, which allows you pretty safely to explore the game.

Yeah that's what I thought really, opening up the world to be freely explored would spoil a lot of the intended fun/adventure/explorations.
Just wish it would be more of a choice though, or atleast maybe have it be an unlockable mode.

I'm honestly more interested in setting up photos/screenshots lol, having the survival aspects with limited resources make you rush through places.

On 8/27/2017 at 1:01 PM, Mroz4k said:

Would love to get flying mode mostly for the sake of making trailers interesting - so I would support this mode, but I doubt it will ever happen. Devs dont even release lot of information about the game on purpose - so giving players ability to meddle in secrets and help them explore the maps fast and thorougly seems contraproductive. 

Closest to what you are looking for is Pilgrim sandbox. It is dubbed an exploration mode, since the survival in it is relatively easy, so is weather and predators dont attack you, which allows you pretty safely to explore the game.

You can use trainers/mods for that but it being official and an in game feature would be amazing. I could finally do cinematics.

The mod I use has many features like this. Aside from cheating, you can indeed use it to record flying mode cinematic, spawn in items or wildlife to get the perfect picture, and a variety of other things. It's not an official part of the game, but the mod is the best thing we have right now. PM me for details on it if interested.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived