My game saves are broke! HALP!!!

Coleslaw24

I'm trying to do the fix my rifle task in wintermute and the game is absolutely broken. Every time I try and load my saves it puts me in a purple car 99 percent dead In the beginning of the first episode or at the plain crash or something stupid. Why?! I have a back up  of my game. I load the back up right next to the maintenance yard. I make progress. I save and come back later and BOOM! Purple car. Idk if it makes a difference but my friend is playing the game through my profile on her PS4 when I'm not playing. 

So they use "cloud" saves.  If the save on your system doesn't match what's been uploaded, it replaces the system file with the uploaded version.  Maybe you can disable it?  Or trick it into uploading your backup copy?  On PC download happens when you start and upload happens when you quit, so I just open the game, swap files, then quit to get my old files back in.  Then start proper.  Iv'e ever used a PS for anything other than watching blurays

Yeah, I don't know how it works on the PS4.  On the X1, I delete my local save files and let the resync with the servers.  That's fixed all of the problems I've had with save files vanishing...the files are still there.  The game just can't see them for whatever reason.  Deleting/resyncing with the cloud seems to work.

Archived