Help! Stuck on Fix my Rifle Mission

uh-oh-spaghettio

[Spoilers ahead for Ep. 2] Hey there. I've been stuck on the Fix My Rifle mission for quite some time now. I've found it a very confusing mission, with little direction from the map/navigation. I ended up going to the forest talkers lodge behind the repair shed, as I looted the shed and couldn't initially find how to fix the rifle (i know, I'm blind). Anyways, I thus looted the lodge before fixing the rifle, then walking all the way back to Jeremiah only to find he wouldn't talk to me.  After going back to the shed and cabin again, finding I could now pick up the rifle in the lodge, I now can't complete the quest as I've looted the flashlight on my first visit to the lodge (and currently left it behind in Jeremiah's house to save on weight on my return journey) The day long trecks to and from Jeremiah's house to the shed/lodge is frustrating, and I'm wondering if anyone has already been in my position. Will fetching the flashlight, bringing it back to the lodge, only to pick it up again, fix my lack of cutscene? Any help appriciated

Ouch... I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't hold too much hope. The proper sequence is using the hand powered milling machine in the shed, which will trigger a cutscene upon exiting the repair shed. That cutscene results in a time shift to night time with an active aurora. 

Your quest update directs you toward the lodge at that point. The aurora needs to be present for story purposes when collecting the flashlight and rifle. 

Did you get the cutscene at the repair shed? What objective marker do you have on your map and what does the journal say? 

I wouldn't be able to say for sure that lugging the flashlight back would do anything to help. 

Yeah, I'm still getting the aurora every night and glowing wolves. The quest still says to search the lodge for items that may save my life. The first time I went to the lodge tho, before I had the hand drill, I wasn't able to interact with the rifle (which now makes sense as I needed to interact with it in a certain order) however, it let me pick up and take the flashlight. I'm doubtful luging the flashlight back will help too tbh, but I guess it's worth a try! Thanks so much for the answer

• 3 weeks later...

:( Still no solution? I did everything in the right order but then when i started the next mission the screen went blue indicating a crash, then when i reloaded, its saying im still on the fix my rifle quest. I've gone back to the lodge 2 times now, im not trying this anymore.. totally ridiculous, been waiting years for this and now its fucked.

On 8/11/2017 at 1:59 PM, uh-oh-spaghettio said:

Yeah, I'm still getting the aurora every night and glowing wolves. The quest still says to search the lodge for items that may save my life. The first time I went to the lodge tho, before I had the hand drill, I wasn't able to interact with the rifle (which now makes sense as I needed to interact with it in a certain order) however, it let me pick up and take the flashlight. I'm doubtful luging the flashlight back will help too tbh, but I guess it's worth a try! Thanks so much for the answer

go to the machine shop, there you find the work bench, use it the it send you off to the lodge, where you find the thing you need above the fireplace, but first look in the basement

I'm having the same problem playing on the Xbox One and there isn't the option to restart the episode. Maybe if I die it will give me the option, I think I'll take on the bear ? and have my butt handed to me, and see if the option to restart the episode is given.  I'm with Loganjamison, it's disappointing this episode is so buggy. I won't complain too much, because I have gotten more than my money's worth just playing during the alpha phase.?

Archived