(Spoiler) Aurora on Xbox One

Volatile

I'm waiting for the aurora to power up the security mechanism inside the Dam, but no luck so far. It's been five days now. This sucks. 

Has anybody on Xbox managed to get through this part without patch 4?

PS4 already has all the patches. Come on Hinterland. Show us some love. 

Just now, Volatile said:

I'm waiting for the aurora to power up the security mechanism inside the Dam, but no luck so far. It's been five days now. This sucks. 

Has anybody on Xbox managed to get through this part without patch 4?

PS4 already has all the patches. Come on Hinterland. Show us some love. 

As far as I know, Xbox One only has one patch. You should blame Microsoft for being completely useless when it comes to certifications. Devs already finished the patches but Microsoft takes long time to pass them to certification.

11 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

As far as I know, Xbox One only has one patch. You should blame Microsoft for being completely useless when it comes to certifications. Devs already finished the patches but Microsoft takes long time to pass them to certification.

Patch 4 has yet to make it to any consoles. Playstation players are in the same boat.

And there's no guarantee that Patch 4 has fixed the entire problem. The patch notes specifically reference story mode only. For all we know, they still may not be working in sandbox. Patch 4 was released 3 days ago, and nobody has yet reported seeing aurora again in sandbox.

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

Patch 4 has yet to make it to any consoles. Playstation players are in the same boat.

And there's no guarantee that Patch 4 has fixed the entire problem. The patch notes specifically reference story mode only. For all we know, they still may not be working in sandbox. Patch 4 was released 3 days ago, and nobody has yet reported seeing aurora again in sandbox.

Let's not biased, you don't have proof about "nobody saw aurora in sandbox" because in fact, many players indeed saw aurora in sandbox. Search steam forum and you will find responses. They are just rare.

Xbox One received only one patch. PS4 received 3 patches (Seems likely it gets a 6th patch? Twitter says 1.06 version).

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

PS4 has Patch 4.

There was just never a forum post for it. 

12 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

Let's not biased, you don't have proof about "nobody saw aurora in sandbox" because in fact, many players indeed saw aurora in sandbox. Search steam forum and you will find responses. They are just rare.

Hehehehe... Don't go putting words in my mouth please, and I suggest you check your facts first.

Yes, aurora in sandbox USED to work. People saw it, and commented on it. One of the first patches inadvertently broke it, and nobody saw any more after that. Now Hinterland have released Patch 4, which fixes it.. but in the 3 days since Patch 4 came out, nobody playing sandbox has reported seeing any aurora. We just don't know, and the patch notes don't mention sandbox, only story mode.

12 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

Xbox One received only one patch. PS4 received 3 patches (Seems likely it gets a 6th patch? Twitter says 1.06 version).

9 minutes ago, stan_marsh said:

PS4 has Patch 4.

There was just never a forum post for it. 

Thanks, @stan_marsh, that explains why I thought it hadn't been released for PS4..  You'd think I'd know better by now, than to rely on what Hinterland has or hasn't announced! 

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

Hehehehe... Don't go putting words in my mouth please, and I suggest you check your facts first.

Yes, aurora in sandbox USED to work. People saw it, and commented on it. One of the first patches inadvertently broke it, and nobody saw any more after that. Now Hinterland have released Patch 4, which fixes it.. but in the 3 days since Patch 4 came out, nobody playing sandbox has reported seeing any aurora. We just don't know, and the patch notes don't mention sandbox, only story mode.

Thanks, @stan_marsh, that explains why I thought it hadn't been released for PS4..  You'd think I'd know better by now, than to rely on what Hinterland has or hasn't announced! 

I am not gonna bother with you hating the game. As I said, you have no proof that the aurora is not making appearance in Sandbox mode, so you just go straight bash the game and blame the dev solely. If you have an issue, instead of throwing accussations around and other childish remarks, make a bug report and go away.

7 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

I am not gonna bother with you hating the game.

I love this game, not hate it.. sure, I think some things could have been better handled, but those are my opinions. Unfortunately for you, I have the right to have opinions, and the right to express them. If you don't like my opinions, don't read them.

8 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

As I said, you have no proof that the aurora is not making appearance in Sandbox mode

I never claimed to have proof. I just said that SINCE the fix, SO FAR, nobody has REPORTED seeing aurora.  Instead of throwing accusations around, perhaps you ought to consider brushing up on your comprehension skills.

37 minutes ago, JAFO said:

I love this game, not hate it.. sure, I think some things could have been better handled, but those are my opinions. Unfortunately for you, I have the right to have opinions, and the right to express them. If you don't like my opinions, don't read them.

I never claimed to have proof. I just said that SINCE the fix, SO FAR, nobody has REPORTED seeing aurora.  Instead of throwing accusations around, perhaps you ought to consider brushing up on your comprehension skills.

1 minute ago, thekillergreece said:

Thank you.. that's good to know. Now all we need do is wait for someone to SAY they've seen it, after Patch4 was released..

(and I'm not doubting Raphael.. but hey, sometimes bugs happen. Witness the bug that has stopped flares, torches and stones from scaring wolves the way it was meant to work for some 3 months now, despite being told that it should work.)

Just now, thekillergreece said:

Most people are busy with Story mode so it will take some time.

Agreed. But there is some hunger out there for knowledge of what's changed in Survivor mode, which is what I'm trying to cater to.

1 minute ago, thekillergreece said:

Flares and other defensive lights still work for me tho.

Well.. they work now. But between the release of FC and the second Wintermute patch, the only way you could get flares and torches to reliably scare wolves was by making them step on them. And rocks didn't work even if you hit the wolf.. you could only use them to distract wolves, by making them investigate the noise made when thrown. After 3 months, Patch2 has at last fixed that.

The aurora did happen twice in story mode for me the first was when we all got it at the machine shop and the second happened during survival school when I was in one of the mystery lake cabins, unfortunately I didn't realize it was happening and I when to bed I saw the window flash and bright green and I heard some electronic noise but when I woke up it had passed. I was on the xbox one by the way.

The issue is the aurora NOT happening AFTER the Bear Hunt quest. The quest Jeremiah's Folly disables auroras until it's done, but due to a bug - fixed in Patch 4, but not yet available on Xbox One -, the aurora remains disabled after you're done with the Old Bear. 

Archived