Good, but too easy

Renegade30

Even though I am very much enjoying the game I would really enjoy some harder difficulty on the story mode for experienced players. I am finding it to be a walk in the park. I currently have some of the best clothing in the game and more food\resources than I know what to do with. My clothes are so good that I don't even feel the need to craft any furs. Here is a screenshot I took of my clothing near the start of episode 2

screen_b3ff074d-cc52-4656-9603-0fa8cd585442.thumb.png.aa8726285c113cf58e83cb13715f4e12.png

Now I have even better clothes (gauntlets + heavy wool sweater + an extra wool thermal) after getting the rifle.

Anyone else finding it too easy?

Same here. I think many of us feel this way about story mode, especially older players like me who only play Interloper. The weather is no real threat anymore & you´re drowning in food. I don´t even check every container anymore. 

+1 for harder difficulty modes

But as Scyzara said: Try to play it for the story and the little details and keep the challenge for Sandbox. ^^

Pop the Mackinaw on top of McKenzie's jacket and you'll get a nice protection boost, making it even easier.

Though I'm a veteran Voyageur player I'm enjoying the level of difficulty, though I think there are a few too many matches, pieces of cloth and sewing kits around, whilst an extra knife found some place wouldn't go amiss - I'm two hours into Ep.2 and I'm still using the plane debris knife! I do play very cautiously though, I've only been physically attacked by one wolf so far and have been able to scare two others away. I think the difficulty level is about right for new players, and it's enough to make me pause and consider before committing to an action, whilst still not being too tense to enjoy the story and mood. I'm yet to die, either! 

Can't wait for that rifle.  

8 minutes ago, Nervous Pete said:

Pop the Mackinaw on top of McKenzie's jacket and you'll get a nice protection boost, making it even easier.

Though I'm a veteran Voyageur player I'm enjoying the level of difficulty, though I think there are a few too many matches, pieces of cloth and sewing kits around, whilst an extra knife found some place wouldn't go amiss - I'm two hours into Ep.2 and I'm still using the plane debris knife! I do play very cautiously though, I've only been physically attacked by one wolf so far and have been able to scare two others away. I think the difficulty level is about right for new players, and it's enough to make me pause and consider before committing to an action, whilst still not being too tense to enjoy the story and mood. I'm yet to die, either! 

Can't wait for that rifle.  

yeh i also have no knife atm lost my other first one. cant seem to find a new knife. (maybe i should of had a wheatstone earlier to fix / sharpern it)

I have had plenty of matches and of cloth /clothes though much needed. Im still in EP 1  loving it.

I probably had over 100 matches when I left the town in episode 1, it was so many I left like 75 of them behind. I am walking around in episode 2 with no consideration to the weather besides visibility. I understand episode 1 is supposed to be an easy introduction to the game, but you leave the area with way too much gear. I feel if you entered the episode 2 arena with the same gear you left the ravine with in episode 1 it would make things a bit better... But I would still like a lot less loot

Archived