PS4: Patch 1+2+3 Now Live!

Raphael van Lierop

• Hinterland

Hello community,

We've issued our first patch for PS4, which includes all the fixes from Patches 1-3 (basically, everything we've fixed over the past 48 hours). This brings the PS4 version to 1.03 (32306).

The Long Dark -- Playstation 4 -- Patch 1 + 2 + 3

Changelist:

* Added missing translations for Trust dialogue
* Fixed issue with some books disappearing when dropped
* Improvements to checkpointing to help avoid getting into a low-Condition death spiral
* Buffed the Condition-restoration boost when player reloads after Death
* Added a Bedroll to the Cave after the Crash Site in "Survival of the Fittest". This can be used to Save your Game.
* Removed requirement to drink Rosehip Tea in Survival Bowl; it is now an optional objective
* Fixed issue with Rifle Cleaning Kit disappearing after reloading a save
* Fixed issue with environment geo near the Climbing Park section in Milton
* Fixed various cases where audio could cut out
* Fixed locked controls when throwing a stone and picking up a rabbit at the same time
* Fixed floating necklace when speaking with Grey Mother
* General cinematics polish
* Fixed scrollbar issue when transferring items to NPCs
* Fixed place object shader so objects tint correctly over decals
* Fixed issue with radios playing music when aurora isn’t present
* Fixed save/restore issue that could result in missing loot in scenes when reloading from a checkpoint. This bug was preventing some quests from being completable after reload. 
* Fixed issue that could cause player to spawn on top of a campfire in "Survival of the Fittest". It should now be impossible to place a fire and then spawn on it the following day.
* Memory optimizations to reduce chance of crashing
* Added some more tools in Milton.
* Fixed issue with Wolf AI not fleeing correctly when the player throws a lit Flare, Torch, or Stone at it.
* Fixed issues that preventing the WINTERMUTE soundtrack from playing correctly; you should now hear more music as you explore the world.
* Modified Fire objective on Day 3 of "Survival of the Fittest" to track how long fire has been burning, vs how long it will burn.
* Fixed issue where unlocked Crafting Blueprints could carry over to a New game.
* Fixed issue with Condition tutorial triggering after every death. It will now only trigger once.
* Add some missing subtitles.
* Fixed issue with Map Marker not clearing after retrieving Distress Pistol in "Light Up the Night".
* Fixed issue with “Echoes of Astrid” objective marker appearing during Grey Mother mission set
* Fixed floating campfire in Milton.
* Fixed issue where looping Wolf "feeding" sounds remained even when the Wolf AI was absent.
* Fixed issue where feeding Wolves could face the player while still playing feeding animation.
* Fixed issue where Wolves would sometimes not go into their Hold Ground AI state when approached with a Flare or Torch.
* Fixed issue with map icon showing up for some Stone spawn regions.
* Fixed issue where player could get stuck on geometry in Milton.

* Added missing audio for picking up Astrid's Hardcase on Day 4.

* Added additional checkpointing in Ep1 and Ep2.

* Tuned Antiseptic so that one dose is sufficient to treat Infection Risk.

### END OF PATCH NOTES ###

We're continuing to fix additional issues as quickly as we can. Thank you for your patience.

Save files are disappearing on survival mode! Lost 3 of them and more than 30 hours played... I'm done with this  game until you guys fix this issue.

I hope lost all your game progress be more important to fix than a floating grey mother neckless or radios playing music without aurora.

In love with the game but how can you guys release it full of bugs? Seems like it still on early acess test... anyway, hoping a fix soon before giving up about trying and lost all progress.

9 hours ago, MARRONEY_BR said:

Save files are disappearing on survival mode! Lost 3 of them and more than 30 hours played... I'm done with this  game until you guys fix this issue.

I hope lost all your game progress be more important to fix than a floating grey mother neckless or radios playing music without aurora.

In love with the game but how can you guys release it full of bugs? Seems like it still on early acess test... anyway, hoping a fix soon before giving up about trying and lost all progress.

Please fix game ,devs!

So the latest PS4 update is 1.04 yet the title screen shows 1.03? This is because 1.04 is all 3 patches combined? 

Despite the frequent crashes when entering and exiting buildings, mainly when visiting Grey Mother, Im enjoying it. Also is it just me or does the disclaimer screen flicker and why is the 'made with Unity' screen blurry or ghosting? I know these are minor issues but its quite annoying everytime I load the game. 

12 minutes ago, headshot79 said:

So the latest PS4 update is 1.04 yet the title screen shows 1.03? This is because 1.04 is all 3 patches combined? 

Despite the frequent crashes when entering and exiting buildings, mainly when visiting Grey Mother, Im enjoying it. Also is it just me or does the disclaimer screen flicker and why is the 'made with Unity' screen blurry or ghosting? I know these are minor issues but its quite annoying everytime I load the game. 

I thought the flickering was intentional as a kind of "danger" effect but the Unity party does ghost/trail badly.

Pretty sure the flickering is not intentional and if it is it's a pretty awful design choice. I would like confirmation from the developers and if it's not intentional confirmation that it can and will be fixed.

Its not the easiest of games to get through and the constant threat of having to start over from the beginning due to a lack of saving the game manually without overwriting is a real worry. I figured I can save the game when I want by sleeping but other than the checkpoint save I have only one save slot. I assume it's possible to completely run out of food in this game and even the cat tails don't seem to grow back! My hatchet got ruined and I have no blade which means the majority of dead animals are too frozen to harvest. Plus it's extremely difficult to hit rabbits with stones!

On a more happy note somehow I managed to reach the end of episode 1 and have just started episode 2 :)

On 04/08/2017 at 10:38 AM, Raphael van Lierop said:

Hello community,

We've issued our first patch for PS4, which includes all the fixes from Patches 1-3 (basically, everything we've fixed over the past 48 hours). This brings the PS4 version to 1.03 (32306).

The Long Dark -- Playstation 4 -- Patch 1 + 2 + 3

Changelist:

* Added missing translations for Trust dialogue
* Fixed issue with some books disappearing when dropped
* Improvements to checkpointing to help avoid getting into a low-Condition death spiral
* Buffed the Condition-restoration boost when player reloads after Death
* Added a Bedroll to the Cave after the Crash Site in "Survival of the Fittest". This can be used to Save your Game.
* Removed requirement to drink Rosehip Tea in Survival Bowl; it is now an optional objective
* Fixed issue with Rifle Cleaning Kit disappearing after reloading a save
* Fixed issue with environment geo near the Climbing Park section in Milton
* Fixed various cases where audio could cut out
* Fixed locked controls when throwing a stone and picking up a rabbit at the same time
* Fixed floating necklace when speaking with Grey Mother
* General cinematics polish
* Fixed scrollbar issue when transferring items to NPCs
* Fixed place object shader so objects tint correctly over decals
* Fixed issue with radios playing music when aurora isn’t present
* Fixed save/restore issue that could result in missing loot in scenes when reloading from a checkpoint. This bug was preventing some quests from being completable after reload. 
* Fixed issue that could cause player to spawn on top of a campfire in "Survival of the Fittest". It should now be impossible to place a fire and then spawn on it the following day.
* Memory optimizations to reduce chance of crashing
* Added some more tools in Milton.
* Fixed issue with Wolf AI not fleeing correctly when the player throws a lit Flare, Torch, or Stone at it.
* Fixed issues that preventing the WINTERMUTE soundtrack from playing correctly; you should now hear more music as you explore the world.
* Modified Fire objective on Day 3 of "Survival of the Fittest" to track how long fire has been burning, vs how long it will burn.
* Fixed issue where unlocked Crafting Blueprints could carry over to a New game.
* Fixed issue with Condition tutorial triggering after every death. It will now only trigger once.
* Add some missing subtitles.
* Fixed issue with Map Marker not clearing after retrieving Distress Pistol in "Light Up the Night".
* Fixed issue with “Echoes of Astrid” objective marker appearing during Grey Mother mission set
* Fixed floating campfire in Milton.
* Fixed issue where looping Wolf "feeding" sounds remained even when the Wolf AI was absent.
* Fixed issue where feeding Wolves could face the player while still playing feeding animation.
* Fixed issue where Wolves would sometimes not go into their Hold Ground AI state when approached with a Flare or Torch.
* Fixed issue with map icon showing up for some Stone spawn regions.
* Fixed issue where player could get stuck on geometry in Milton.

* Added missing audio for picking up Astrid's Hardcase on Day 4.

* Added additional checkpointing in Ep1 and Ep2.

* Tuned Antiseptic so that one dose is sufficient to treat Infection Risk.

### END OF PATCH NOTES ###

We're continuing to fix additional issues as quickly as we can. Thank you for your patience.

Hello Raph.

Will the EU PS4 release - due tomorrow - have the patch 4 update?

Ta.

I'm hoping a patch 1.06 will be coming soon. I am also experiencing frequent crashes and loss of save game data. I had to completely start over chapter two with none of my gear and quests I worked hard to get in chapter 1. It seems like it is saving, but not displaying in the load screen. I've managed to salvage a save from my online storage, but it just seems to be getting harder to progress. 

Archived