Too easy. Interloper wanted.

FatherFrost

First of all - story mode is great. But it doesn't feel like I'm struggling for my life. More like walk in a park. After Milton I don't need anything. I already have +19 warmth bonus and I dont freeze outside even at night. So motivation to explore and search for loot dropped to zero - only reason to do it is search for notes and keys. Value to all this stuff is zero. Too many loot.  It feels wrong. Every found energy bar or matchbox should be a miracle. Probably I spent too many hours in interloper mode (I adore it) and understand that this level of difficulty is for people who run The Long Dark at the first time but there should be difficulty levels. Please!

On 03/08/2017 at 6:25 PM, FatherFrost said:

understand that this level of difficulty is for people who run The Long Dark at the first time but there should be difficulty levels. Please!

I agree with this.. I'm normally just a Voyageur player, but the loot levels in Wintermute are ridiculous. I'm sick to death of the sight of books and paper..

3 minutes ago, JAFO said:

I agree with this.. I'm normally just a Voyageur player, but the loot levels in Wintermute are ridiculous. I'm sick to death of the sight of books and paper..

I didn't mind the books and paper: I just started to regard them as environment clutter after a while, which was fine.

But more of a problem, in gameplay terms, was the fact that I was able to abandon a fridge full of food in the bank manager's house when I left Milton to continue the story. I hadn't done any 'survival' tasks at all except for picking up stuff I found lying about and I'd given all the MREs I found to Grumpy Old Bag; yet, I still left that house stocked to the rafters with food, clothes and firewood.

I do hope that the difficulty curve in terms of available resources takes a significant jump in future episodes. Maybe once you've completed an episode, you could be given the option to try it with harder settings? At the moment, I don't see much reason to replay any of the bits I've done so far.

As a new player, I found the difficulty just right. However, I've read people asking for less aggressive wolves while you bunch want it harder, less items etc. 

Best solution I can think of is adding a difficulty slider or at least the option to choose from pilgrim to interloper at the start of an episode or 'campaign' (assuming the difficulty choice carries over from one episode to the next). 

Archived