Stuck at the end of the road

ChillPlayer

I've been searching now for over an hour for a way to continue but I'm stuck at the building where you need a key to get in. I found the key, found both keys to open deposit and safebox, looted the house but the story does not advance, mission log still states "follow the road". The road ends here, further down is a waterfall which I managed to crouch climb down only to find myself at 10% condition at the end of the world. I traversed the lake and then there was nothing.

end.png.5c799aead033da69132ef12ad642a642.png

Jumping down there had me respawned at the very beginning with the crashed plane, everything looted.

So I reloaded the last checkpoint for my last save was down on the lake when I made a fire. Went again to the hut with the locked door, everything was looted but I'm missing the items I had. Which wouldn't bother me much if I'd knew how to continue the story - any help please?

Okay I figured it out by watching a YT video: when exiting the church I went right and continued behind the hills and not on the road because there was a wolf on the road eating. This was a mistake, the road does not lead to the same point as walking through the hills although both seem to be in the same direction. I guess by going this way I jumped ahead a location withouth triggering any Story elements nor any hints that I am at the wrong place, it'd be nice if this would be prevented somehow (like unclimbable rocks), even if it's just to prevent players from stumbling into the end of the world :D

On 02/08/2017 at 5:52 PM, ChillPlayer said:

I guess by going this way I jumped ahead a location withouth triggering any Story elements nor any hints that I am at the wrong place, it'd be nice if this would be prevented somehow (like unclimbable rocks), even if it's just to prevent players from stumbling into the end of the world :D

This is the kind of thing that's supposed to be caught in beta-testing..  when testers try to break the game by doing things in the wrong sequence, etc..

Of course, TLD never had a beta-testing phase.. they just went straight from alpha to full release. Which is why we've now had to endure an avalanche of hotfix patches this last not-even-a-week.

On 2017-08-02 at 3:52 AM, ChillPlayer said:

I guess by going this way I jumped ahead a location withouth triggering any Story elements nor any hints that I am at the wrong place,

I did the same thing but you can still continue if you go to the farm first. You just head down the farm road to Milton. Only talking to a certain person there will trigger more story. You can loot the whole area and still not get an objective until you talk with this person, but nothing you do will break the game, I mean, unless you try to jump down some huge mountain. I looked down that waterfall, no way I was going down there. But, I myself explored a lot and did what I wanted before getting some of the objectives done, even once I had the objectives. I just took my time. The story waits.

5 hours ago, JAFO said:

Of course, TLD never had a beta-testing phase.. they just went straight from alpha to full release. Which is why we've now had to endure an avalanche of hotfix patches this last not-even-a-week.

Yes during my playthrough I've thought several times that a public test for the alpha owners should have been made available, like they used to do for sandbox updates lately. A lot of bugs would've been caught in the first few days.

Archived