Add gamepad loadout choices

Thrasador

I want the ability to revert my controller settings to how they were before Wintermute. I can't play with the changes you have made to navigating the inventory. I have lost all desire to play.

If you want to keep screwing with controller settings, then add the option to use the old loadout instead of the new one. I HATE THE NEW CONTROLLER SETTINGS!

If they are staying like this then I'm done...

20 hours ago, JAFO said:

I don't see why we aren't given the ability to map controllers any way we like, as with the keyboard. That's like.. so 20th Century.

According to @Raphael van Lierop who actually took the time to write to me today, despite being most likely ridiculously busy, the controller map for gamepads were NOT intentionally altered in anyway. Meaning whatever is going on with the bumpers and triggers with navigating my inventory with a PS4 controller through Steam Big Picture mode is a bug....

So anyone else with any other gamepad that has had a change in button functionality is also experiencing a bug...

So I guess myself and any others need to take the time to make a bug report.... 

Also, I do agree with you though... @JAFO, I wish we could just change the gamepad controls via an in game options menu thingie.

You can technically try to change things around via Steam Big Picture mode "configure controller," but it's wonky and cumbersome and fairly difficult to do so....

It would be far simpler to change settings from within the game itself. I can barely get any changes to work right when I do things via Steam...

That's good news that the problem is just a bug.. here's hoping the hotfix that's downloading to my machine as I type, also solves your issues.

1 hour ago, Thrasador said:

You can technically try to change things around via Steam Big Picture mode "configure controller," but it's wonky and cumbersome and fairly difficult to do so....

Just wait until you try creating a config for a Steam Controller.. those things are amazingly powerful in their capabilities. But with great power comes great complexity.

2 hours ago, Thrasador said:

According to @Raphael van Lierop who actually took the time to write to me today, despite being most likely ridiculously busy,

That's awesome Thrasador. I'm so glad to hear it's nothing to do with Hinterland. I feel bad now for ever doubting. They are pretty good. They could have just given you some professional lip and be done with it but you got a letter from the Raphael himself B| Cool. I love Hinterland. Everything that they removed that I didn't like, they gave back. Everything that I did wrong in Wintermute was my own fault. I was far, too advanced to pay attention to any tutorial and it almost cost me when taking too long trying to figure out Rose Hip tea.
Hinterland's genius founder and awesome team haven't just created the greatest survival game on the market to date, imho, they are in the movies now too, they are shining stars...but the stars...they didn't forget us.

I am way, way too emotional about this game and it's creators :D  :x

Archived