Foraging outdoors

TarjaS

I thought somebody said that the location where you forage does not matter as long as you're outdoors, but I do not think that's quite right. I found a spot in the passage behind the Camp Office where I can get 2 pieces of Cedar when foraging for 1 hour. At least it happened both times I went there. I plan on experimenting more with it, because it's a perfect spot, sheltered from wind. To find it, go a little way into the passage, there's a big rock on your left and you can hide behind it to be sheltered from the wind, then just forage.

I have foraged around the office and have found that this is one of the best places to forage. I have found fir wood - several pieces - without an ax. One time - without an ax - I found 6 cedar in one hour. I cross the road from the front door of the office...climb a bit...hide in-between a tree and the rock wall that is there - and this is where I have found the best return (of wood) compared to all other places I have tried.

My experience has been - around the office - is a great place to forage for wood.

• 2 weeks later...
I have foraged around the office and have found that this is one of the best places to forage. I have found fir wood - several pieces - without an ax. One time - without an ax - I found 6 cedar in one hour. I cross the road from the front door of the office...climb a bit...hide in-between a tree and the rock wall that is there - and this is where I have found the best return (of wood) compared to all other places I have tried.

My experience has been - around the office - is a great place to forage for wood.

Keep in mind though that you are fully exposed to the cold at the suggested spots, and most players prefer to forage in sheds.

I have not played int this area very much. But there seems to be a higher chance to get reclaimed wood INSIDE the Camp Office, I got 8 reclaimed wood in 4 hours. So why not OUTSIDE too? I will try Syniska's suggestion and forage outside the Camp Office too, it sounds somewhat plausible.

Reclaimed wood represents broken down furniture, so inside you will only find reclaimed wood. Outside you can find Cedar, Fir and reclaimed wood (and tinder plugs). Personally I haven't noticed a difference between different outdoor locations.

Archived