some feedback

Evgeny

I haven't played TLD for a while. Now I see many changes were made. Here are some fresh impressions. (Sorry, mostly negative ones. Most else is fine to me. I like the game, and want it to improve.)

1. Ugly face of a woman character in status menu. It doesn't look like a woman. I used to play for a woman mostly before. Now it makes me uncomfortable. (I'm not afraid of clowns.) I prefer if it was presented just as silhouette. Man's face seems more or less ok.

2. HUD with some 3 white flames at the upper part of the screen. (Sorry, don't know what's that yet). It just interferes with the view. Sometimes I thought I see something ahead, but then understand it is just this HUD. Why not place it at the bottom with all other indicators?

3. Radial menu seems rather slow to react to mouse movement on my macbook. Need to wait about half a second before selection moves toward cursor.

4. Small objects (still) hard to pick up (rocks, sticks). Maybe need a little large hit-boxes?

5. I don't understand why need to click twice to pick up something? Option to leave something obviously is unused 99% of time. Option to throw something out of inventory should be enough. For some objects there is also 'Equip' option, but it also doesn't seem to be used very often. Equipping should be quickly available through radial menu of some key shortcut.

P.S. Russian translation is still not perfect. And font looks much worse with it. It is smaller for some reason, and with low screen resolution it is hard to read.

11 minutes ago, Evgeny said:

5. I don't understand why need to click twice to pick up something? Option to leave something obviously is unused 99% of time.

Speak for yourself. I am actively using this feature so please не надо делать мне как лучше, оставьте мне как хорошо.

11 minutes ago, LeeHarveyOslik said:

Speak for yourself. I am actively using this feature so please не надо делать мне как лучше, оставьте мне как хорошо.

I'm not a developer of this game, so don't be afraid I can't change it on my own. Of course this is just my opinion, this is how forums work.

Can you describe situations when you use this feature?

10 minutes ago, Evgeny said:

Can you describe situations when you use this feature?

Mostly to check out the weight and condition. And there's one more option - eating ruined food. While you cannot consume ruined food from your inventory you can still do it from the pick-up  menu.

7 minutes ago, LeeHarveyOslik said:

Mostly to check out the weight and condition. And there's one more option - eating ruined food. While you cannot consume ruined food from your inventory you can still do it from the pick-up  menu.

Ok, that makes sense. Thank you.

Picking up stuff could sue a bit of improvement imo.

When player searches container and finds multiple items in it, instead of showing them one after another, they should be shown all at one in small menu.

Left click shows detailed info on item(altho basics are seen right away, using same mechanic as inventory does) and right click deselects them.

Selected items are fully colored, while deselected are grayed out.

Mouse pointer is by default centered on "ok"(or "pick up" or whatever) button.

Archived