JUST DO IT!!

CalNieDaGtarGuy

When prompted, Will constantly reminds himself that he would lay down right here if he thought he'd ever wake up again. So why the heck not? I've found myself many times without a bedroll in the Pleasant Valley barn or someplace else like Cinder Hills and I couldn't sleep thanks to the lack of a bedroll. I know for a fact that in a time of desperation, a person could easily lay down somewhere dry and go to sleep safely i.e. the barn. My thoughts would be that you just wouldn't get a warmth bonus and that in rare cases, you could have the warmth bonus be like a negative number, detracting from your feels like temp. Just a thought, I guess....

On 26.12.2016 at 9:31 PM, CalNieDaGtarGuy said:

When prompted, Will constantly reminds himself that he would lay down right here if he thought he'd ever wake up again. So why the heck not? I've found myself many times without a bedroll in the Pleasant Valley barn or someplace else like Cinder Hills and I couldn't sleep thanks to the lack of a bedroll. I know for a fact that in a time of desperation, a person could easily lay down somewhere dry and go to sleep safely i.e. the barn. My thoughts would be that you just wouldn't get a warmth bonus and that in rare cases, you could have the warmth bonus be like a negative number, detracting from your feels like temp. Just a thought, I guess....

I think the developers discussed this many times before, It feels like is an estimate of how cold it is. So maybe when you are up it feels like 5 degrees but it is actually -5 so when you sleep on the ground you may freeze to death. You mentioned the barn I assume in PV. If you remember there is a corpse there sitting on the ground sometimes. So maybe he did the same thing just sat there to rest and froze to death. The ground is cold you must have insulation I think the survivor knows that and tries to stay awake as long as he/she could to find a better place to lay down.  Even if you light a fire the ground will still be cold so... with that said no one is stooping you to make a snow shelter and catch a little shut eye that way.

Yeah I sleep in the truck too. Seems like it would actually be pretty good there - inside something, which its self is inside a building. 

Yhere are places that it seems like I would have no trouble sleeping, but cant because it's not a 'bed' - but thinking about it now I can't think of many that aren't nearby and actual bed making the use of it kinda unnecessary.

Such as the haystacks in the field. I would totally burrow into one of them if I needed to - but it's only another 20m to the barn, or a little further to the farmhouse....

I really wish wish the maps where 'bigger'. They don't even need more stuff in the  - just take what ya got and space it out a little more. Everything is just so close....

Archived