Trapping Beaver!!

Riverotter

Ok it is final,

If i could add anything to this already amazing adventure I would definitely want a deeper and more involved experience when going trapping. Like new animals to set out in the cold to trap like beaver, and  pine martin. You could cut a hole in the ice with a hatchet or pry bar and place a beaver trap near the shallows. beaver lodges and dames would be a plus, Is anyone with me?

yes more wildlife would be fun. Fox that steal your food you leave outside or take it from your snares. Different types of bears too. Perhaps even some birds we could trap/shoot but they would be more challenging and not very rewarding ptarmigan as an example.

however, I don't want to play a hunting game here it is a nice aspect and a select few other challenges of wildlife mixed in with benefits from them as well as the troubles they bring helps. Fox would be nice since they can steal from you but if you get some you can make hats or gloves from them. still waiting for a rabbit skin hat too!

Seals... can get meat and fat to create lamps/candles

Moose.. C'MON THIS IS CANADA!!!!!    A moose in rut would be a nightmare!! Would be an epic scene like a bear attack.. all you see is antlers all up in your face as he tramples you.

Have a rare Polar bear!!

Sorry had to edit!

Candles:  very low heat (obviously) but long lasting light. Great for working the midnight oil! Can only be used indoors, can only be placed in one location once lit.

20 hours ago, djanico said:

Moose.. C'MON THIS IS CANADA!!!!!    A moose in rut would be a nightmare!! Would be an epic scene like a bear attack.. all you see is antlers all up in your face as he tramples you.

Fear not! Moose are coming! ;) (some time in the future)

Cougars are also on the roadmap, but yes it's not Canada without a moose on the loose! I think foxes would be a good addition too, as scavengers that raid your snares and/or any dropped food, but can also be caught and used for scarves or hats. I suppose if you are willing to eat wolf or bear you might get a little meat from them too. I would make them a passive predator, one you have to trap instead of fight. Maybe using a box trap and raw meat, since they won't fall for snares like rabbits do.

On 12/9/2016 at 8:58 AM, AZHockeyNut said:

yes more wildlife would be fun. Fox that steal your food you leave outside or take it from your snares. Different types of bears too. Perhaps even some birds we could trap/shoot but they would be more challenging and not very rewarding ptarmigan as an example.

however, I don't want to play a hunting game here it is a nice aspect and a select few other challenges of wildlife mixed in with benefits from them as well as the troubles they bring helps. Fox would be nice since they can steal from you but if you get some you can make hats or gloves from them. still waiting for a rabbit skin hat too!

Trap shooting ptarmigan  amazing idea

Archived