More character slots

mystifeid

14 minutes ago, mystifeid said:

Is there a purpose behind this restriction? Will a scrollable list ever be added?

I've been wondering this too and would like to have as many saves as I like. 

I work around it now by making copies of the save files and then categorize the saves, because I like to try a lot of different things out.  But I would much rather be able to do it all in-game.

+1: Especially for testing purposes it's nice to have more than one save at a time. For the new test branch I don't have any open save slots so I'll be hoping there's not any super bad bugs to corrupt one of my saves :silly:

It's also nice to have multiple saves on the run to experiment with new mechanics and play styles especially for test branch testing.

1 hour ago, mystifeid said:

At the moment it is possible to only have 5 characters. At one point I had five 200 day characters still alive and to start a new game I had to decide which one to delete. Is there a purpose behind this restriction? Will a scrollable list ever be added?

It's not clear to me what the technical implications might be for additional save slots (we only used to have one, after all) but I will forward this question for additional information. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Carlson said:

It's not clear to me what the technical implications might be for additional save slots (we only used to have one, after all) but I will forward this question for additional information. Thank you. 

We've been spoilt for choice :winky:

At the moment I have an original save from 2015 that I check from time to time, my actual game on Voyager, Stalker, and Interloper (depending on what I feel like playing) and the fifth slot is usually for achievements or testing new mechanics with a well equipped character.

Archived