Interloper loot, one of the new way to make the gameplay shine.

togg

Cool stuff that I've noticed.  SPOILERS.

- You often find light sources in the mines. I've now started a new sandbox, spawned in desolation point, stayed 4 days there, eating all the deers etc. I was lucky to find a lantern at hibernia and a flare. There wasn't almost any fuel left so in the mine I had to use the flare, I found a big fuel tank there. It makes the game kind of intense!

- The bedroll in camp office. You struggle to get there without being able to sleep. (or the one hidden at hibernia...)

- The magnifying glass at the top of the Forestry Lookout <3 Sooo far away from where you start in interloper, looking for matches like they were gold.

+ this super strange thing today, still interloper. I've found THREE boxes of matches in those cabinets at quonset. 3!!! I was in shock. It's maybe because the vast majority of the houses before quonset are burned down, the one near the exit, the one on the hill, and all of those near quonset beside one. So maybe there's a algorithm that pushed the chance of loot here.
Now I'm on day 6 and I have like 6 boxes of matches.

Schermata 2016-11-09 alle 22.24.37.png

• 2 weeks later...

I just played my first interloper game, somewhat shocked at the lack of loot, but at the same time made for a fun play-through. Started in pleasant valley, went through coastal highway, ravine, to mystery lake, got attacked by a wolf and died just after making it into the camp office with 1% health.  7 days.

Lootwise there was just enough food to stave off starvation, but after hitting up 33 locations I didn't find a knife, axe, gun, or lantern. Clothing, I maybe got 2 sets of tier 1 clothes.  I made it through the mines between pleasant valley and coastal highway with just 8 matches... I fell through the ice at one point in coastal highway... I've never been so close to dying so many times in a single play-through. Pretty desperate stuff.

2 hours ago, continuity said:

I just played my first interloper game, somewhat shocked at the lack of loot, but at the same time made for a fun play-through. Started in pleasant valley, went through coastal highway, ravine, to mystery lake, got attacked by a wolf and died just after making it into the camp office with 1% health.  7 days.

Lootwise there was just enough food to stave off starvation, but after hitting up 33 locations I didn't find a knife, axe, gun, or lantern. Clothing, I maybe got 2 sets of tier 1 clothes.  I made it through the mines between pleasant valley and coastal highway with just 8 matches... I fell through the ice at one point in coastal highway... I've never been so close to dying so many times in a single play-through. Pretty desperate stuff.

no axe or knife or gun in interloper! the lantern is a super rare loot, you will find it in place where you actually need it :D

On 11/20/2016 at 5:28 PM, togg said:

no axe or knife or gun in interloper! the lantern is a super rare loot, you will find it in place where you actually need it :D

Well that would have been really useful to know going in, would have changed my strategy significantly. Oh well, I guess I can't complain too much, this genre is characterised by learning things the hard way.

Archived