Halloween update see me contract Cabin Fever while fishing, cooking and sleeping in Fishing Huts = broken game

panic4u

4 minutes ago, Ultack said:

It's an Alpha game so it's obviously 'broken' since it's a work in progress.

I understand that TLD alpha is a work in progress as I have logged 846 hours in TLD on steam in the past 2 years. The danger here is promising a fun event but instead providing a less than fun [broken] affliction mechanic that will now dominate all my current save games if I play. 

3 minutes ago, panic4u said:

I understand that TLD alpha is a work in progress as I have logged 846 hours in TLD on steam in the past 2 years. The danger here is promising a fun event but instead providing a less than fun [broken] affliction mechanic that will now dominate all my current save games if I play. 

Thanks for your post. When you say "3 times in 48 hours" do you mean the Affliction came and went (i.e. resolved itself) 2-3 times over two days? We haven't changed anything related to Cabin Fever for the Halloween Event.

Sand Box Interloper day 19. I recently got to day 200 on Interloper difficulty without ever contracting Cabin Fever or building a snow shelter. This is because I mainly live in caves and fishing huts. Another player on Reddit replied to my bug report suggesting they contracted Cabin Fever while sleeping outside so the halloween update bug may not be related to fishing huts. 

UPDATE: sleeping anywhere increases your risk of contracting Cabin Fever while afflicted with Cabin Fever = broken/bug

seems the only way to remove Cabin Fever is to stay awake outside for 24 hours

cooking and fishing in huts decrease both risk and affliction time

This is also happening to me.

Voyager difficulty around day 115 in coastal map.

At risk for cabin fever and it will not decrease from sleeping outside on ground with bedroll, in fishing hut, in cave, in snow shelter or in car. It will decrease from time passing while I am standing still outside or just walking but not when I'm cutting wood or passing time  via camp craft outside.

I did eat a pumpkin pie I found at Quonset garage as well as the super candy bars and I did not notice the issue until after I ate the pumpkin pie but I cannot say for sure if bug is related to their use.

2 hours ago, Flix said:

Same thing for me. Interloper, day 26 (my journal is stuck on day 21 btw) and cabin fever will not remove by sleeping outside, it just comes back instantly.

Everyone of my continued saves will come down with the eternal fever affliction should I play. Note that while your journal is no longer progressing forward in days, your calories spent during the eternal darkness day are rapidly climbing to ridiculous numbers. This also means you are amassing all your time spent indoors hours and will quickly exceed the Cabin Fever equation limit to become continuously afflicted with the lest popular TLD game mechanic.

I also predict every new game with over 100 game hours progress started during the 4 Days of Darkness event will be afflicted with Cabin Fever 5 game days after the event finishes. Your average player would have spent more than 50 of 100 hours indoors so the Cabin Fever equation is going to bug out if and when their game progresses to day 7.

This bug is an oversight on Hinterlands part. It shows they did not sufficiently play test 4 Days of Darkness before inflicting it upon their community of players.   

5 minutes ago, panic4u said:

Everyone of my continued saves will come down with the eternal fever affliction should I play. Note that while your journal is no longer progressing forward in days, your calories spent during the eternal darkness day are rapidly climbing to ridiculous numbers. This also means you are amassing all your time spent indoors hours and will quickly exceed the Cabin Fever equation limit to become continuously afflicted with the lest popular TLD game mechanic.

I also predict every new game with over 100 game hours progress started during the 4 Days of Darkness event will be afflicted with Cabin Fever 5 game days after the event finishes. Your average player would have spent more than 50 of 100 hours indoors so the Cabin Fever equation is going to bug out if and when their game progresses to day 7.

This bug is an oversight on Hinterlands part. It shows they did not sufficiently play test 4 Days of Darkness before inflicting it upon their community of players.   

@panic4u We've just released a hotfix to address this problem on Steam. I hope it helps.

4 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

@panic4u We've just released a hotfix to address this problem on Steam. I hope it helps.

I deleted my afflicted save game to make room for a new sand box run. I then trialed 4 Days of Darkness and found it lacking as overall it decreases the challenge Interloper difficulty offers up early game. So unless there is a fun new weapon in game, say a Demon Wolf seeking rocket launcher, I will wait for the dust to settle.

I was always told not to take candy from strangers, but since the candy bars you left me are 2500 calories, I'll take them even though they're moldy.

Along with the 2000 calorie pumpkin pie.

Yum and thank you.

Having the same issue. Voyager level. Cabin fever set in very fast. I stayed outdoors for 24hrs and was afflicted again with same when the timer ended. Another 24hrs and again, the affliction returned.

I'll re-launch steam and see if the fix works.

Keep up the good work!

Archived