Crossbow !! (Poll !!)

alone sniper

Crossbow !!  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I get the appeal, but where does it fit between the bow and rifle? Or rather, what would differeniate it from these weapons?

Personally, I'd have the crossbow as a weapon that causes more bleeding damage (bolts tend to tumble in tissue once they hit) and is maybe armor-piercing although I have no idea how that could work since animals usually aren't armored :D 

10 minutes ago, Wastelander said:

I get the appeal, but where does it fit between the bow and rifle? Or rather, what would differeniate it from these weapons?

Personally, I'd have the crossbow as a weapon that causes more bleeding damage (bolts tend to tumble in tissue once they hit) and is maybe armor-piercing although I have no idea how that could work since animals usually aren't armored :D 

http://www.drawloc.com/content/crossbow-vs-compound-bow 
link about advantages and disadvantages of bow and crossbow !!

Yes, being significantly different from bow, in terms of both crafting and function, it would make nice addition to the game, both realistic and diverse. And i think that (a)hole thing should be craftable, with option of finding rare manufactured one. So player would have access to simpler, but essentially unlimited resource, with low to moderate efficiency. And with a chance(one per game and no guarantees that it will spawn at all) to find more powerful, accurate and faster hunting carbon crossbow, but which is considerably harder and time-consuming to maintain.

Id even go as far as having several iterations of craftable crossbows, depending on crafting skill level, with highest levels being just slightly worse that carbon one.

Archived