immune to cold

jonas1988

Something happened after i was standing by the fire i had made in the barrel in the large room in carter hydro dam. I had been cooking and melting snow and stuff for a couple of hours. My cold bar was rising until it hit maximum, and then it became red. And it just said "warm". I thought i had just received a heat bonus since i had been standing next to the fire for so long, but when i went outside, it didnt start to decrease. It just stays red and doesnt change. I have been playing for about ten days after this now and my cold bar still hasnt changed. It seems i have become immune to the cold. This kind of ruins the game a bit, since it is no longer a risk to be outside..I exited the game and reopened it, the status has now changed to "cold" but the bar is still the same. 

cold_bar_bug.png

I have had this same "infinite warmth" glitch happen whenever lighting the lantern underneath a shelf which causes a collision due to the animation. The temperature went to ~ -2,000,000,000 (minimum value for a 32-bit int) and the lantern disappeared. After turning off the lantern the temp reads normally but the lantern will randomly disappear. From that point on in that game you are immune completely to cold (it also persists after loading the game if the game saved after that point), I've long since abandoned all clothing and established a nudist survival base in pleasant valley. -90F does nothing at all and the cold meter is always drained but the freezing state is never applied. Kinda cool but obviously game-breaking glitch.

I haven't reproduced it yet in another full load of the game so I assume it may a memory issue with that particular instance. It was .365 latest version.

As a matter of fact I also have had glitches with the lantern. I actually think I had one around the time when I was making that fire when the cold glitch appeared. I cant quite remember how it happened, but the lantern disappeared. When I held the mouse button down I could hear him turning the lantern on, but i saw nothing, it was just dark. Lighting a match, and then switching back to the lantern seemed to fix that problem. 

I think what was causing the lantern glitch for me was when i had it turned on, and then did something to make time pass, like sleeping or cooking or reparing stuff. When that action was done, the lantern would disappear.

20 hours ago, ronyan said:

I'll have to try that to see if I have the same result. There's another glitch with passing time in bed where the view will get stuck on the bed. It's probably well known but just try switching to sleep in the middle of passing time on the bed.

I was doing another game and this immune to cold glitch happened again accidentally while I was in the mine between crumbling highway and desolation point. I was trying to light the lantern under a low hanging beam and must have clipped it. Can't say for sure because of the dark. This issue has been officially reported to hinterland by someone else about a week or so ago.

I took a screenshot of the overflow/underflow temperature of -2,147,283,648, which is 1 below the min value of a 32-bit integer in programming: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2147483647_(number)

immune-to-cold-glitch-2147483648.png

On 17.10.2016 at 11:11 PM, karabass said:
On 14.10.2016 at 10:46 PM, ronyan said:

I was doing another game and this immune to cold glitch happened again accidentally while I was in the mine between crumbling highway and desolation point. I was trying to light the lantern under a low hanging beam and must have clipped it. Can't say for sure because of the dark. This issue has been officially reported to hinterland by someone else about a week or so ago.

I took a screenshot of the overflow/underflow temperature of -2,147,283,648, which is 1 below the min value of a 32-bit integer in programming: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2147483647_(number)

immune-to-cold-glitch-2147483648.png

feels like victory

I did not get the huge number on the "feels like" temperature. Mine is normal, and changing according to weather. Can you link to the previous post where this issue was reported?

On 17.10.2016 at 11:11 PM, karabass said:

feels like victory

Well, sure, but it does get a bit boring, when practically the only thing that can kill you is predators. It's like cheating. I dont get the feeling of accomplishment when i have this bug, you know?

I tried to start a new game. Was in a cabin and lit the lantern in the dark room. In stead of lighting, the lantern just disappeared. Suddenly the "feels like" temperature showed -2147483648 degrees and the bar turned red. The number returned to normal value shortly, but i am again immune to the cold...Is there no fix to this? ruins the game

Yep, check that there is no fixed object above where the lantern goes during the lighting animation. I think this collision during the animation is causing the issue and somehow the feels like temp to go hugely negative. You only see the huge negative when the lantern is lit btw because it has do with how it is affecting the feels like temp. Instead of giving the normal +5C boost it is doing something weird.

After the glitch occured in one run, I quit that game (back to main menu) and then loaded a new game and was able to reproduce the glitch quite easily by standing in front of a wall shelf, so that the lantern is under it. Then lit it and when the lantern raises up and hits the shelf during the animation is when the glitch happens and the lantern disappears. It doesn't work every time on a fresh load of the entire game for whatever reason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

+1 to this problem.

I don't see a crazy temperature though. Everything looks fine except for cold immunity. I'm also having the lantern problem.

Worth noting: I've only experienced this in Interloper. I just played a few games in Stalker and it doesn't seem to happen there. V.375 on Windows 10.

screen_(-4, -148, 2)_e02b1588-2573-4028-bb28-8bf9b1f4973b.jpg

Archived