watch !!

alone sniper

52 minutes ago, alone sniper said:

Hi guys!  

How you doing ^_^^_^^_^^_^

Well  i am bit tired of " about  10 hour of day left " on top of screen and i think it is not so real !

How about having a small watch? :):):):):)

A mechanical wristwatch would be cool. More first-person experience ... :-)

Just now, aurora said:

Yeah and you would need special tools not normally available in every toolbox, precision mechanic tools. But i could imagine that someone piloting an airplane would wear a wristwatch?

I'm not sure about that - game's set in the future as we can extrapolate from some book covers, so I suppose there aren't any less smartphones around. Doesn't have to stop our characters though, I just don't think that's inherently tied to an occupation. I'd much prefer it to be a rare find though, and without it the 'hours of daylight left' gets replaced by a very vague estimate - 'around noon' for example or 'could be late afternoon'. 

4 minutes ago, Wastelander said:

I'm not sure about that - game's set in the future as we can extrapolate from some book covers, so I suppose there aren't any less smartphones around. Doesn't have to stop our characters though, I just don't think that's inherently tied to an occupation. I'd much prefer it to be a rare find though, and without it the 'hours of daylight left' gets replaced by a very vague estimate - 'around noon' for example or 'could be late afternoon'. 

You are right, i always forget, that the plot is set in the future ... it would be probably unlikely to wear a wristwatch in this case, he maybe would wear an electronic watch, but this wouldn't work of course anylonger.

3 minutes ago, aurora said:

You are right, i always forget, that the plot is set in the future ... it would be probably unlikely to wear a wristwatch in this case, he maybe would wear an electronic watch, but this wouldn't work of course anylonger.

The thing is, mechanical watches are still pretty popular, they just aren't as widespread - my father always wears one (he dislikes his smartphone my mum and I made him buy), I have one that I only wear at weddings and stuff. Especially in outdoorsy regions such as Great Bear Island most people would probably want to have some sort of mechanical watch on them since the woods aren't exactly chock-full of cellphone chargers :D 

Archived