Hello

Jessica Kasumi

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Jessica Kasumi, but you can call me Jess, or Jessie, it doesn't make any difference to me. I am new around here, and am completely interested in TLD, after playing it at a friend's house. I wish to extend my sincerest thanks to everyone for making this unique so far, and to those of you in this community, who make this experience worth interest in. Thank you in advance, Jessica K.

Welcome to the forums! Grab yourself a cup of coffee and sit down by the fire with the rest of us :coffee: We're a weird bunch, but good at heart ;)

So, what's your favorite map and/or playstyle? Any good stories to tell?

Also, nice signature. I know I read that quote somewhere else before, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Anyway, stoked to see your posts 'round these quarters!

3 hours ago, Jessica Kasumi said:

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Jessica Kasumi, but you can call me Jess, or Jessie, it doesn't make any difference to me. I am new around here, and am completely interested in TLD, after playing it at a friend's house. I wish to extend my sincerest thanks to everyone for making this unique so far, and to those of you in this community, who make this experience worth interest in. Thank you in advance, Jessica K.

Great that you have joined us! Welcome. :coffee:

4 hours ago, Jessica Kasumi said:

Hi Jess! ^_^^_^^_^^_^

Welcome to tld forum !:):):):)

During my brief time of playing TLD (I still need to buy it on Steam, so I have something other than TS2015 to play.), I fell in love with the Coastal Highway portion of the map. I don't know what it is about it, but it reminded me of both the Trans-Canadian Highway and California Route 1 heading north of LA (giving my location away). While I don't have any epic tales yet, I can say, from what I played I had a lot of fun. I enjoyed the rush of trying to stay alive. I also took notes on what to do, so if something were to cause an event like the game to happen, I'd be prepared to survive. The Long Dark to me is more than a game, but a teaching tool, teaching you how to survive if something truly terrible were to happen, and you had to scavenge to live.

27 minutes ago, Jessica Kasumi said:

The Long Dark to me is more than a game, but a teaching tool, teaching you how to survive if something truly terrible were to happen, and you had to scavenge to live.

To a certain degree. Remember though that the Long Dark is not aspiring to be a completely accurate simulation. There are some things in the game that are still very game-y. For instance, climbing to the top of a mountain in a survival situation to get some good loot :winky:

Archived