Additional afflictions

Wastelander

• 1 month later...

I was just thinking in some depth tonight about how a detailed frostbite mechanic might work. I know there's something on the roadmap for it, implementation of which will be interesting to say the least. Muk_pile, that's a great list showing frostbite progression; I was thinking about some of the main points, but not considering %'s and so forth.

Speaking from a story-telling point of view, I had this visual of needing to use something (rifle? if it's long enough, maybe?) as a crutch just to be able to walk better than a shuffle because of an amputation. Anyway, frostbite could potentially be a very frightening thing and I'm okay with that. I wonder how they will make it workable for gameplay. There are some great posts on this particular thread! (Because of time constraints, I don't get to the forums too often, but I love the conversations when I do.)

56 minutes ago, WolfPoet said:

I was just thinking in some depth tonight about how a detailed frostbite mechanic might work. I know there's something on the roadmap for it, implementation of which will be interesting to say the least. Muk_pile, that's a great list showing frostbite progression; I was thinking about some of the main points, but not considering %'s and so forth.

Speaking from a story-telling point of view, I had this visual of needing to use something (rifle? if it's long enough, maybe?) as a crutch just to be able to walk better than a shuffle because of an amputation. Anyway, frostbite could potentially be a very frightening thing and I'm okay with that. I wonder how they will make it workable for gameplay. There are some great posts on this particular thread! (Because of time constraints, I don't get to the forums too often, but I love the conversations when I do.)

Note that frostbite only requires amputation if it gets necrotic. While certainly a risk in the game you should be able to avoid frostbite that severe.

Archived