Scurvy

Joelle Emmily

+1 here! however, there would have to be some way to stop from getting scurvy. as of right now, once the food spawned in our world is gone, we're reduced to only meat. maybe in the spring sandbox, we'd be able to grow fresh fruit and veges to be preserved to last us through the winter, thereby preventing risk of scurvy for more long-term sandboxes.

1 hour ago, Tbone555 said:

+1 here! however, there would have to be some way to stop from getting scurvy. as of right now, once the food spawned in our world is gone, we're reduced to only meat. maybe in the spring sandbox, we'd be able to grow fresh fruit and veges to be preserved to last us through the winter, thereby preventing risk of scurvy for more long-term sandboxes.

That's just what I said. New plants to forage (like pine needles) that can be cooked or just chewed for some nutrients. Barely any calories and the likes, but at least it'll kep you standing for longer.

29 minutes ago, Gaboris said:

That's just what I said.

not exactly. im suggesting being able to grow fruit and vegetables in a garden during the spring time (coming in a later update, according to the road map) to preserve through the winter. i do like the idea of adding extra stuff to forage, though, and it'd be a good alternative. say, if our garden dies or doesnt successfully produce our crop, then we'll still have pine needles and other things to last us through winter as a last resort.

6 hours ago, Tbone555 said:

not exactly. im suggesting being able to grow fruit and vegetables in a garden during the spring time (coming in a later update, according to the road map) to preserve through the winter. i do like the idea of adding extra stuff to forage, though, and it'd be a good alternative. say, if our garden dies or doesnt successfully produce our crop, then we'll still have pine needles and other things to last us through winter as a last resort.

Oh, yeah I got that and that's an obvious addition, but I'm still fixated on only having a winter game at the moment so I'm trying to get that one "fixed" first. :)

Archived