Xbox saves get deleted after a certain point

xXxDre DawgxXx

I love this game. Love it. Keep wanting to play it but at this point I'm a little discouraged because my sandbox games keep getting deleted. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it, but they always seem to get deleted after I've finally been able to make my wolf coat, deer boots, and pants. Basically once I've been far enough to get all the materials and either make them or about to make them. I really want to play but I dont want to keep starting games over again if they are just going to keep getting deleted. I'm pretty bummed. I've done the hard reset and everything. My saves are still missing. When do you think this issue will be fixed?  

I had similar problems many versions ago. I switched the Xbox from quick start/low power mode to whatever the setting is that fully shuts it down and haven't had any issues with the save games since.

Other people have found having certain USB controllers/peripherals connected have caused issues as well as some of the rock band controllers. If you have any of those, you may try disconnecting them and see if that seems to help.

I was googling this issue and it looked like people experienced similar sounding problems in othrr games like Witcher 3. No idea if they're related problems or not.

Hope this helps!

Lost my first save shortly after the vigilant trespass update, it was my first 20+ day survival. This is really a killer bug since I don't have much time for gaming, very hard to invest time into creating a homestead if this isn't fixed. I think I will play on harder difficulty levels until this is fixed, which is a shame because I was really enjoying the game prior to this.

First, obviously apologize that this is happening. There are two different issues noted here, and I'd like to give a bit of background information:

Disappearing after an update: This is something we've informed MS about and are working them to provide more detail. The difficult part is that neither us or MS have had success in reproducing the issue while trying to capture data. This appears to occur before the game is even launched as part of the way Xbox One updates games. This as far as both parties can see right now is not on our end. If this happens to you doing a full power cycle of your Xbox should restore the saves, as they are still on the cloud - the Xbox, for whatever reason is not pulling the saves back down like it should. A power cycle forces this to occur. 

Saves Disappearing Between Session: This is the tougher of the two. From the data we have this is due to your save file becoming corrupt, either on the cloud or locally. My best advice when this happens is to delete your TLD saves locally and from the cloud. This appears to reoccur to the same people and is likely due to bad created from an earlier bug. This is also something we're looking into with MS, but since we can't access your saves (they are encrypted and even MS can't decrypt them for us.) There is also the possibility that it's a hardware issue, but I'd like rule out everything else first. 

Archived