Beware of Cabin Fever in Interloper

ChillPlayer

So as I just had to find out the hard way, there's no graze-period in Interloper for Cabin Fever, you can get it right from the start. This ended a very good looking 15 days run because I chose to stay in the Farmstead and wait for my hides and guts to cure. Due to lack of a bedroll in my run and no matches left I had severe troubles staying outside without freezing, snow shelter, cars and open caves did not produce enough warmth, so I had to fade into the dark and start new.

This is going to be tricky to overcome I guess because you can't make a fire in the places you can rest in while having CF (or to prevent it), you best bet is probably to sleep in the snow shelter as much as possible with a fire going on.

Just to make sure I understand the mechanic right (the first time I got it^^): you have to be outside more than 50% of the time within 6 days and once you get Cabin Fever you have to stay for 24h outside? To cure it, is it allowed to go inside quickly to take something or do the 24h have to be exclusively outside without interruption? I've catched it three times in a row although I was outside for long period but went inside to warm up or something for an hour or two.

Archived