Easter Eggs And More Collectables

100_days_of_snow

I'm sure Hinterland will add more collectibles. They certainly wouldn't add a tab and give us a single item to put into it. It probably just isn't a priority at the moment. That's probably the same reason we don't see more easter eggs in the game -- they have a massive lot of things to do right now and not nearly a big enough team to do it.

8 hours ago, Hiemalis said:

I'm sure Hinterland will add more collectibles. They certainly wouldn't add a tab and give us a single item to put into it. It probably just isn't a priority at the moment. That's probably the same reason we don't see more easter eggs in the game -- they have a massive lot of things to do right now and not nearly a big enough team to do it.

Yup. They're a thing to add once we get out of Alpha state, because there's more important things to do.

Here's some collectibles and easter eggs I'd like to see though:

• A set of mugs with different motives
  • Smokey the bear shirts (or whatever the Canadian equivalent is)
  • Holiday-specific voice lines
    • For example: Christmas: "Well, this is better than my in-laws" / Canada Day: "What I'd give for a Canada Day BBQ now."
  • An actual, literal easter egg, only findable on the Easter holidays
  • Unlockable in-game songs

Of course, some of these should be able to be turned off for players who prefer a more serious version. Maybe call the gamemode with the easter eggs "The Long Dank" or something :D 

Easter eggs can be presented in a serious tone. One could argue that the Hinterland coffee mug is an easter egg; it isn't hilarious, but makes you smile. (Also, a brief glimpse of comfort here and there makes hopelessness sting even deeper.) As long as the references don't get ridiculous, I'd welcome them.

Archived