Small tweak to UI regarding tool usage

Dirmagnos

Currently tool usage is completely horizontal, meaning that if player have multiple items of the same type it may take quite some scrolling. I think it would be nice to also add vertical selection, based on specific category.

Lets say i have a knife, 4 hatchets and a hacksaw. Right now i have to scroll thru them all to get back to beginning, but with modded version it could be made faster, more compact.

Currrent: >K1<>H1<>H2<>H3<>H4<>HS1<

Modded: >K1<>H1<>HS1<

H2

H3

H4

With multiple hatchets player get to scroll vertically to select preferable one, instead of continuing horizontally.

It could also used with various other tasks, making life a bit easier. While generally player carries maybe one of each, there are occasions when its possible to have many, like during/after scavenging runs.

Great idea!

@elloco999: perhaps it'd be better to have it as a game menu option to "select best first" or "select worst first"? I know I always prefer to use my best tools first since I try to role play my characters. Of course, the best option would be - as others have suggested - for the game to remember your tool choices for each task! :winky:

On 8/26/2016 at 0:07 AM, cekivi said:

Of course, the best option would be - as others have suggested - for the game to remember your tool choices for each task! :winky:

Yep, this one is universal, allowing players to adjust this particular part of gameplay to their particular playing style. Otherwise it would require bunch of checkboxes or sliders.

The best option would be having the lists of tools sorted and also having the game remember my last choice. But if I had to choose between those two options I would pick remembering the last choice.

Having an option for the way the lists of tools are sorted sounds like a good plan to me @cekivi

Archived