Kindling

SzalonyNiemiec

Currently fire has three "steps": ignition, tinder and fuel. But usually, especially, when lacking firemaking skills it's four steps: ignition, tinder, kindling and fuel. kindling should only be necessary on the lower skill levels. on the higher levels it should affect your chance. Items suitable as kindling could be sticks, books and feather-sticks(crafted with sticks and knife). kindling items should be usable as fuel too.

I agree adding kindling and having the need for it reduced by skill progression, makes more sense than the need for tender being eliminated by the skills system.

Also I'd like to see some craft-able fire starters, there are some great ones you can make from candle wax, dryer lint, and an egg carton. All things that could be found in TLD, if they were added.

And I will continue upvoting kindling every time I see a post on it. It makes sense, it is thematic, it fits the skills progression better, and it gives players a reason to use the hatchet (to convert logs to kindling).

I also like the idea of feathered sticks and homemade firestarters but those should be locked behind the fire skill progression. For instance, at level 2 you can make feathered sticks.

Archived