Hello!

ghost78207

Hello, everyone! I've been playing The Long Dark for more than a year. Yes, I clock only at 35 hours, but when I do play it, I just get sucked into it. One thing I would say that is different from other survival games are the visuals. Not the graphics per say, but the visual aesthetics. It has this simplistic style but yet it uses this to its advantage when in a snow storm or trying to light your way through a fog when a wolf is chasing you towards the fire tower in Costal Highway! So yeah, I absolutely love this game and can't wait for story mode to hit, and annoyed I couldn't be one of the thousands of backers on Kickstarter because that is how much I love and believe in this game.

So, since this is where I introduce myself, I'll share a funny story that I had in this game.

I started on Voyager, on Timberwolf Mountain, and was attempting to try and reach the top as fast as possible, without going to Pleasant Valley, or the Mountaineer's Hut. So, I tried my best to avoid climbing up ropes, and tried to hop around the mountain sides, kept in caves when it was cold, and found as much coal, wood and dead carcases of deer as possible. 

Finally, I made it. For the first time, I made it and I was happy as hell. I didn't even have a hacksaw with me, but there was one there (thankfully) and started to break into the boxes, finding brilliant clothing, MRE's, water, everything. And then I found the box with the ammo and the rifle. 45 bullets were found, and I found a cartridge on the way there, so 46 bullets, plus the distress gun, I was pretty happy. I decided to sleep since I was about to go to sleep IRL. But when I pressed ESC to go to the main menu. I swore for a solid five minutes because of that. I wasn't on Voyager, I was on Pilgrim. I went to sleep with the worst feeling in my stomach. No wonder it was just -15C to -25C at most.

Well, that's me.

7 hours ago, ghost78207 said:

I started on Voyager, on Timberwolf Mountain, and was attempting to try and reach the top as fast as possible, without going to Pleasant Valley, or the Mountaineer's Hut. So, I tried my best to avoid climbing up ropes, and tried to hop around the mountain sides, kept in caves when it was cold, and found as much coal, wood and dead carcases of deer as possible. 

Finally, I made it. For the first time, I made it and I was happy as hell. I didn't even have a hacksaw with me, but there was one there (thankfully) and started to break into the boxes, finding brilliant clothing, MRE's, water, everything. And then I found the box with the ammo and the rifle. 45 bullets were found, and I found a cartridge on the way there, so 46 bullets, plus the distress gun, I was pretty happy. I decided to sleep since I was about to go to sleep IRL. But when I pressed ESC to go to the main menu. I swore for a solid five minutes because of that. I wasn't on Voyager, I was on Pilgrim. I went to sleep with the worst feeling in my stomach. No wonder it was just -15C to -25C at most.

:D:D:D
welcome to forum!!!!!

Archived