Multiple Survival Options

vancopower

I've just played the new update, skills are awesome but kind of not effective?  What I mean is the fire skill: starting fire without tinder? why? tinder is the most common thing in the game and not to have use for it at all kind of breaks the game a little. Having multiple discussions on this forum gave me an Idea what should we do with the skill system. Ready?

Multiple ways of survival: How is this going to work? well like this lets make an example with arrowheads:

Instead of having only the option to forge  them in DP there should be other regions where you can find some kind of advanced workshop where you can make glass arrows, stone arrows etc. Also depending on what kind of region are you in, some survival tactics could be preferable to others: For example a region where you could mine potassium nitrate and together with charcoal you can make gunpowder opting you to use hunting more or a region where a river is not frozen thus fish can be caught easier than other regions, and so on...  A and I almost forgot different survival strategy increases different skills  for example if you are good at making glass arrows this skill has no connection with your forging arrowheads skill thus if you change the region and go for other survival strategy you will start from the beginning . 

I can't wait to see what everyone thinks of this idea.

Why would you need a workshop to make glass/stone arrows? You do that on your lap. Anything that lessens ties to specific locations is great. Conversely, anything that requires you to go to a specific location is bad. I am already annoyed that we have to go to a workshop in order to sew hides together.

Potassium Nitrate + charcoal wouldn't do very much. You need sulfur as well. Besides, that makes black powder, not gunpowder. Using blackpowder in a modern firearm is going to cause problems.

On 25.6.2016 at 0:56 AM, Boston123 said:

Why would you need a workshop to make glass/stone arrows? You do that on your lap. Anything that lessens ties to specific locations is great. Conversely, anything that requires you to go to a specific location is bad. I am already annoyed that we have to go to a workshop in order to sew hides together.

Potassium Nitrate + charcoal wouldn't do very much. You need sulfur as well. Besides, that makes black powder, not gunpowder. Using blackpowder in a modern firearm is going to cause problems.

I used general examples my idea is far from refined, if you like to make up the rest of the details by all means, please do.

Archived