Pitching this well-received idea from last year, could now be a fun challenge with an endgame? Call it 'Blackout'

ShieldHeart

Too much suspension of disbelief.

I can believe that the Sun emitted extremely strong rays that destroyed all electronics or threw the Earth's climate into disarry, I can believe that the magnetic poles changed or something and that caused the event.

But celestial bodies can't stop spinning, that is just hard science, not possible, end of story.

I like this idea in principal. A changing environment that gets progressively more difficult. The blackout specifically would never be accepted by the Devs because I'm sure they got their backstory to the aurora already.

This is actually similar to the white out challenge...just make it a never ending story...

Too much suspension of disbelief.

I can believe that the Sun emitted extremely strong rays that destroyed all electronics or threw the Earth's climate into disarry, I can believe that the magnetic poles changed or something and that caused the event.

But celestial bodies can't stop spinning, that is just hard science, not possible, end of story.

I agree this may not be compatible with the current story mode that's already planned, that's why I now think this would now be better as an additional challenge, instead of some part of story mode.

I liked this idea mostly for the gameplay it would bring, I understand that realism is important, though I don't think we should forfeit ideas that could provide great gameplay for the sake of realism only. I would like to be able to hear any ideas that could add some sort of fun endgame to the current sandbox, even at the cost of realism. 

In order to be tidally locked to the sun, earth would have to get pretty close to it, resulting in the complete dismantling of the athmosphere, the evaporation of all of earths water and thus the extinction of all complex life ;) it's a neat idea to explore but I think it shouldn't be in the game.

Archived