Making Better Use of Furniture...

TygerxEyes

Greetings,

CHAIRS (REST/PASS TIME):

I am not certain the reason I cannot rest or pass time on a chair (especially, if you are talking about the big comfortable chairs) but you ought to be able to sit and pass time on either.

TABLES (PLACE ITEMS ON):  

Make it possible to place objects on a table. I do understand that tables are wood for fire though that is only when you are ransacking a place you are not going to stay for any length of time.  When I create a base camp, I would like to be able to place items on a table.

47 minutes ago, TygerxEyes said:

I am not certain the reason I cannot rest or pass time on a chair (especially, if you are talking about the big comfortable chairs) but you ought to be able to sit and pass time on either.

That is a recurring item on the Alpha Wishlist forums.

As for placing items on a table, @TLD Survivalist already addressed this. 

Still wishing for a bottle of Canadian whisky but I'll settle for this. :coffee:

Yeah, I could be wrong though it would seem to be an easy though thing to add a 'pass time' and 'rest' wheel option to all of the larger comfortable chair-and-a-half chairs and a wheel with 'pass time' (without option to 'rest' aka sleep) for wooden chairs as these options are stock and universal and their is no animation of characters sitting down to create... so assigning this option could, it seems to me, be added pretty easily.

As to tables, oh nice!  One of those less than obvious gems to know... I noticed in trying this out, I had to drop the item, then click on it... I guess the improvement for future is to allow drop-down menu from inventory, but ... hey this works.  One of the big issues I have always had with survival games is their are very few introduction sequences where you can learn basic human and game mechanics that are things you should know as a person without giving anything on the in game side away.

In this game within the story-mode, I would suggest that you the pilot have the option to have a tutorial where you are pre-disaster and walk around an office or small plane airport or live a little piece of your life pre-disaster where you learn how basic equipment works, walk-run, aim, light things, and put things on a counter... lol.

In these games, it is fine to learn all of the harsh survival things but I learned to walk and run and put things on a counter as an infant and child... basic interactive features should be obvious, learned in pre-game, or detailed in instructions.  In any case, that's my 2-cents. Thanks for table heads-up.

Archived