Rainbows & Steelheads

Something I came across in the Wiki, which has been bothering me since I've seen it.

Rainbow trout listed as a Saltwater fish. It is actually a fish found in freshwater (sometimes brackish water) and is either landlocked or never goes to salwater. Saltwater variants and variants found in the Great Lakes are called Steelhead. They are the same fish genetically, but steelheads are generally bigger and become more of a silvery or brassy color, hence the name.

Please just change the name in the game to reflect the right name for the right conditions that the fish is found in.

If anybody is interested in learning more, please see the following:

NWF - Rainbow Trout or Steelhead

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2016-06-23 at 0:47 PM, Boston123 said:

Didn't you and I work out the probable location of The Long Dark using the range of fish and tree species?

Sorry for the slow response---  I haven't been on much lately, since I have a new addition to the family and have been pretty busy with work.

Anyway--we figured we had narrowed it down in this  thread

My image for distribution overlap of western cedar (Thuja plicata) and Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii ) doesn't show up anymore--  I'll try to track that down and re post.  Fixed!

On 2016-06-23 at 1:19 PM, cekivi said:

Hey @toebar! Welcome back ^_^

Thanks-- I was back, then I wasn't...  Hope to be around more now, since I just watched the latest update trailer and am really stoked about the additions.

Archived