small list of suggestions

Jake Dolan

Thermos - This would probably be a rare item, it would give you the ability to carry around hot drinks like coffee or heated up tomato soup around. Helpful for when youre outside and start to get cold you can warm up a little.

More debilitating injuries - This could be stalker exclusive, but I feel like you shouldn't be able to just bandage yourself up after a bear attack and be okay. Major injuries should sideline you for awhile. This could be accomplished by making condition affect your ability to do stuff, like you work slower at 50% compared to 100%, stuff taking days to recover from etc. I shouldn't be able to just melee wolves all the time there should be a greater risk.

Having to reapply bandages - There is too much cloth in this game, after a looting trip through a few houses in Coastal Highway, I have over 100 pieces. Needing to replace your bandages after a certain amount of time would make bandages more important, and would help reduce the surplus of cloth.

More diversity with the wildlife - Maybe something like different size in wolves/deer/bears, or differing ages? (would offer a desperate/dark feel to the game, you find a lone fawn, do you need food that badly?)  Also to find animals in different situations, like a sick wolf who couldn't keep up with the pack.

Might add to this if i think of anymore, these were just my initial ideas

First of all, welcome to the forums, glad to have you here!

Thermos - This would probably be a rare item, it would give you the ability to carry around hot drinks like coffee or heated up tomato soup around. Helpful for when youre outside and start to get cold you can warm up a little.

I'm all for it. Might need to clean it from time to time, using water.

More debilitating injuries - This could be stalker exclusive, but I feel like you shouldn't be able to just bandage yourself up after a bear attack and be okay. Major injuries should sideline you for awhile. This could be accomplished by making condition affect your ability to do stuff, like you work slower at 50% compared to 100%, stuff taking days to recover from etc. I shouldn't be able to just melee wolves all the time there should be a greater risk.

I'm all for it, maybe add it to Voyageur, too.

Having to reapply bandages - There is too much cloth in this game, after a looting trip through a few houses in Coastal Highway, I have over 100 pieces. Needing to replace your bandages after a certain amount of time would make bandages more important, and would help reduce the surplus of cloth.

Yep, all for this too.

More diversity with the wildlife - Maybe something like different size in wolves/deer/bears, or differing ages? (would offer a desperate/dark feel to the game, you find a lone fawn, do you need food that badly?)  Also to find animals in different situations, like a sick wolf who couldn't keep up with the pack.

And I'm all for this too! Can't you post something I disagree with? :D I don't know about wildlife ages, but different animals are on the development roadmaps. With the addition of seasons, which is also on the roadmap, I'd really like to see cute deer babies and kill them because I'm horrible :winky:

1 minute ago, Resethel said:

Ahah :D, like @Wastelander I can only agree to what you said!

We definitely need more risky, life-or-dead or with-long-term-consequence situations! Not only while attempting to climb TWM without futher preparation or while trying to hunt a bear!

Yeah, mid-game is pretty easy right now. Early-game should stay as it is in my opinion, to give people a chance to collect stuff. Late-game is inherently difficult because you run out of resources. But yeah, mid-game should be spiced up, and the ideas @Jake Dolan had about injuries and bandages would do good for this.

3 minutes ago, Resethel said:

That would definitely change the way of playing and taking actions, nobody want to survive in this situation with a broken arm/leg... A good point to this: It could add some new craft like splints and so on

Yeah, that'd add a whole new layer of gameplay. You can't just go out and bait wolves into melee anymore, because injuries are, like they are in real life, something you wish to avoid and take quite a while to heal.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, alone sniper said:

I have an idea.

it would be great if you can make sugar explosion by acid (which you can find in car's batteries).
and sugar. to scare away wolves or bears.

When I was in school, my chemistry teacher tasked us with constructing and detonating a smoke bomb on the school yard, that was cash :D

But it does take some knowledge of chemistry. I wouldn't put it past Dr. Greenwood, but good ol' Will most likely doesn't have that knowledge. Also, this takes additional components, and I am unsure of the legality of discussing them here. Let's just say you need some kind of housing for the mixture and an ignition device.

On 5/31/2016 at 10:35 PM, Jake Dolan said:

Might add to this if i think of anymore, these were just my initial ideas

I like the ideas though I would suggest that more debilitating injuries should be co-developed with more in game stuff - part of the issue is making things too difficult without support structures in the game is not realistic either... aka, there are so many more weapons that could be created to fight-off and keep game at a distance (or kill from a distance) that do not require rifle.  Personally, I would suggest several heavy spears and a high scalable rock column for bear hunting... :).  Anyway, great ideas, though the supportive structures need to present to balance the game both ways.

Archived