preper sites vanishing

junglegreen

Do preper sites vanish once visited. I found one that was really well stocked but was loaded down,  took some rough bearings on various landmarks but when I returned had no luck finding it.

Mind you on the way back I came across a chunk of meat floating in the air just out of reach so the whole thing could have been a dream.   Or as my daughter said   I don't know what  you' ve been drinking dad but I'll have some .

Or dreaming? :)

Remember, the locations of the prepper caches change for each save you have. Just because there is a cache in a location for one playthrough doesn't mean it will be there if you start a new game.

1 hour ago, junglegreen said:

Knew it happened on new games but not when restarting the same game after a save

It shouldn't and it doesn't.

But perhaps we should define terms first, because in his comment above Ceviki seems to use the word 'save' and playthrough as synonyms. Given the fact that for each playthrough you only have one 'save' (which updates each time you enter a building, rest or get hurt) I take his comment to mean that each separate playthrough has it's own prepper cache's.

So when you load an existing playthrough, the locations for the prepper cache's you found should still be the same as you found them. If you start a new playthrough, starting from scratch, cold, 'naked' and afraid, the prepper caches might be in a different location altogether.

In short: either 1) you're experiencing a genuine bug, and if so, it's probably something more people will encounter and subsequently report (since that would be rather a nuisance), or 2a) you are either mistaking a site you encountered on a separate run for your current run, or 2b) you're slightly off on where you encountered the site.

All three possibilities are feasible, but if it is a genuine bug, I don't doubt other players will bring it to the attention of the developers in the future.

Thanks for the assist @TWM. That's exactly what I meant. As long as you don't start a new game, any caches you find should always be in the same place.

Let me know whether you started a new game and couldn't find the cache or if it is a case of the cache disappearing in your current save. If it's the latter I'll move this thread to the bug reports section. 

Archived